Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Wanted Consultants to Promote Agar Tree Seedlings in India

Register

Click Here!

pharmadig

Wanted Consultants to Promote Agar Tree Seedlings in India
I have written many times in this forum about Agarwood/Agar tree (Aquilaria malaccensis ) which can be artificially infected with a particular fungus,Phaeoacremonium parasitica and the heartwood of it on distillation gives world's most expensive essential oil after 2-3 years from date of inoculation when the tree is 6-7 years old.
The seeds of this Aquilaria species are viable for 4-5 days and so they are allowed to fall beneath the tree and then they germinate there itself.The small seedlings are collected and placed on soil in polybags.These seedlings take 6 months to attain size of 18 inch/45 cm or so.
Agar tree can grow on poor soils provided that there are regular rainfalls.Dry & hot regions are not suitable for these trees.
Only serious consultants with proven track records may kindly contact.
Large scale Agar tree seedlings in polybags will be available by next June 2010(Some seedlings are available now).
Pharmadig

perikali

I am interested in the cultivation of Agar. I have a nursery and will be able to cultivate Agar but this is in TN.... will the climatic conditions suit Agar?

PERIKALI

estate1

Hi,

I am located at 6000 ft in the Himalayas.I wonder if I can grow Agar trees.I have oak & pine trees in my area.