Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

want to start new farmdairy business

Register

Click Here!

bloodysagar

Sir
I want to start a small milk farm at kolhapur dist maharashtra. I have a 1 acre Land . I have to start the farm with 10 Cows. For bank loan what i have to do? I need the total details of the Farms and cost etc

sunil reddy

about hf cows

hello sir , im from karnataka. i too did hf dairy farm, but its of no use . cow dung of these cows is also of waste, harmful to our soil. i request you not to go for foreign cows, pls try our desi cows which give good quality fat n quantity milk better than hfs. just like THARPARKAR, GIR. dont ask suggestions from vet doctors, they dont know anything, becoz they dont work in farm, they just read some books n guide us, but we are sufferers.
If i said anything wrong, pls forgive sir. ALL THE BEST....

you can start desi cow farm at low investment n can get good profits n also risk free.
pls refer subhash palekar books about cows,books r in marathi n english.

Don't blame vets

How to make dairy farming business profitable?

Dairy farm profitability is mainly depends on

1. Selection of quality dairy Animal

Good genetic potency for milk production
Aclimatation to the local environment
2. Reliable labor

3.Regular deworming of adult and young animal

4. Regular vaccination for FMD and others if necessary

5. Medicated bath once in a month-which remove all the external parasite because these parasite transmit many economical importance disease like Anaplasmosis,Theileriosis and babesiosis.

6. Effective breeding management to achieve one calf in fifteen month.

7. Cost effective and at the same time balanced feeding.

In this session I am interested to discuss about the feeding and breeding

Most of the organized dairy farms are in loss due to failure in achievement of one calf in 15 month .When an entrepreneur starts the dairy farm he used to purchase high yielding animal and he enjoys with the first lactation and profit but they are not taking care of there animal for breeding for next calving which is essential for next production results in prolonged dry period(Intercalving interval).

Due to prolonged dry period (maintaining the animal without production between two lactation) whatever the dairy farmer earned in previous lactation he was forced to loss during the dry period. So for successful farming Optimum dry period is 60 days to 90 days.

To achieve one calf in 15 month, animal should come to heat with in 60 days postpartum and it should be conceived within 90 days.

The optimum lactation period for dairy animal is 300 days even the animal able to produce beyond that period, milking after 300 days is not cost effective when you compare the feed cost awith production (low production beyond 300 days).

For assumption if the animal is calved in day 0 and it came to heat within 60 days and conceived on 90 th day and it will give next birth in 370 to 375 days(gestation period 280-285 days) from the previous calving.As per recommendation we have to milk for 300 days and remaining 70-75 days is dry period which also with in recommended period.In this assumption one calve in 12 month achieved even any lapse in that we can take another 3 month if it beyond that definitely the farm will be in loss.

To achieve this
1. The animal should be in positive energy balance for normal sexual hormonal impulses and for follicular wave
2. All the micronutrients for ovulation and fertilization shold be in optimum.

Our product VIMICELL helps you to make dairy farming business profitable

Benefits:

Improves reproductive performance & conception
Enhances hoof health
Increases calving rates and calf vigor
Improves milk production & milk fat %
Maintain and maximize the milk yields
Choline for optimum health and production potential
Better Fat metabolism and liver function
Reduces stress in animals
improves health and performance
Improves immunity ,disease resistance and reduces failure

DFM(Sacchromyces cervesiae and Bacterial culture)

Accelerate rumen efficiency and animal performance
Improves dry matter intake and fiber digestibility and maintain the animal in positive energy balance
Reduce lactate production in the rumen
Enhance the rumen environment
Stimulate the microbial development in the rumen
Reduced risk of acidosis

Recommendation:
Large Animal :30 -35 gm /animal/day to be mixed in the feed.
Small Animals :10 -15 gm /animal/day to be mixed in the feed
Concentrateve : 2 kg /100 kg feed

Each kg contains
Calcium 255 g
Phosphorus 127.5 g
Sulphur 7.2 g
Sodium 5.9 mg
Potassium 100 mg
Magnesium 6000 mg
Iron 1500 mg
Zinc 9600 mg
Manganese 500 mg
Copper 1200 mg
Cobalt 150 mg
Iodine 325 mg
Selenium 10 mg
Bio active chromium 55 mg
Vitamin A 7,00,000 IU
Vitamin D3 70,000 IU
Vitamin E 250 mg
Nicotinamide 1000 mg
Biotin 550 mcg
Choline chloride 50 gm
DFM 25 gm
Antioxidant qs
Flavoring agent qs

Competitive Advantages of the product
Metal Amino Acid Chelated mineral mixture
Fortified with Bioactive Chromium ,vitamins, and Biotin
Rich in Cholin chloride and DFM
Absorbed by active transport
Greatest bioavailability
Highly stable in the absorptive gut area
Superior in physiological activity
Stable when subjected to various pH ranges in gut
Dipeptide-like structure resists gastric acid hydrolysis & intestinal enzyme cleavage.

Presentation : 1 kg Aluminium foil bags and 20 kg HDPE bags

Mr.S.Manikkamani

Mobile:09442633623

Newgen Bioscience Private Limited PLOT NO. 10, 6TH CROSS, RADHAKRISHNAN NAGAR, MOOLAKULAM, Pondicherry - 605010, India

antony_pratap

Hello Sir,

I'm not sure what you mean by HF is no good and far superior than our country cows, definelty our cows are more hardy and the milk is off better fat%. There are many people who do practice the right techiques and have been doing good with HF or Jersey or so on. Many feel a cross bred of HF or Jersey with our superior breeds are good too.

If you can give us a case study of your feeding ratio of what you gave your cows and what went wrong in your farm it will be of great help for many to understand the bottle necks and crack them with better methods.

As for the dung can anyone in this forum prove the chemical composition from an HF dung to our country dung and prove is more superior, not just talks but proven laboratory results, cause i'm searching for the same.

Scienfically what goes in comes out. I'm here not to defy anybody but trying to find the idea behind our country cows dung being superior for a foreign cow.

Thanks,
Antony

eashan11

EASHAN ENTERPRISES PVT.LTD

We introduce ourselves as quality advisors , consultants and facilitators of high order development of Dairy Farms / Plants , Clean Milk Production , Marketing of the produce and providing infrastructure in the form of dairy / testing equipments .

Key Deliverables

1.Rendering consultancy on dairy technology, product manufacturing and allied systems.
2.Managing the packing and marketing of milk for army and civil distribution.
3.Implementing various programs on quality assurance and quality control (ISO 9000).
4.Accountable for cost optimization and corporate profitability.
5.Supervising the financial planning and analysis including project appraisal and monitoring
6.Spearheading the HRD services for Dairy Industry.
7.Responsible for strategic planning and project development for the Dairy Industry.
8.Establishing joint ventures and international partnerships for business expansion.
9.Conducting research and development including product and process development.
10.Setting up a Dairy Farm / Dairy Plant .
11.Providing infrastructure for dairy farm / plants in the forms of plant equipments , testing equipments and other allied accessories required .
If interested contact us

P.N.WALI ( CEO )
EASHAN ENTERPRISES PVT.LTD

Last edited by a moderator:

parameshwar_h

Sir
I want to start a small milk farm at kolhapur dist maharashtra. I have a 1 acre Land . I have to start the farm with 10 Cows. For bank loan what i have to do? I need the total details of the Farms and cost etc
Dear Dairy farm aspirant,

It is a good thought to start dairy farm, and of course it is the right time to jump in. Because the milk price and demand are increasing. Moreover some banking institutions are offering subsidies to the beginners.
I can offer you the consultancy for setting up of dairy farm, till now I have an experiance of establishing a dairy farm with more than 1000 animals. I can help you in preparation of the bankable project report. You can contact me at below mentioned address.