Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

want to open a dairy with 100 cows

Register

Click Here!

nirmalyaray

dear sir,

i want to start a dairy with 100 highly milk productive cows, but i have no idea. i need a full sugession. how much the expences is? how much land is required? where i should contact to get loan.

please inform me.

with thanx
nirmalya ray
west bengal

dairyman

Start With 10-15 Cows

Dear Mr.Nirmal

I recommend you to start with 10-15 cows. Since you say u don't have any expereince its better to learn about it through a small quantity for six-12 months and then go for large farms. IN any case your 100 animal farm would cost you about 45 lakhs -50 Lakhs. about 25-30 Lakhs for animals, 8-10 lakhs for civil construction and 6-8 lakh for machinery like milking machines and fodder cutting machine. Keep another 5 lakhs for miscellaneous. with my experience I can vouch that this activity is profitable but you need to put in lot of efforts

All the best

cravi

Your Own Tale

Dear DairyMan,

Please share with members how you went about setting up your farm and the difficulties and challenges you faced and how you were able to overcome them. Also any tips and suggestions on running your farm, procurement of fodder, labour and selling of milking, care and treatment of your livestock etc. would be most helpful.

Dear Mr.Nirmal

I recommend you to start with 10-15 cows. Since you say u don't have any expereince its better to learn about it through a small quantity for six-12 months and then go for large farms. IN any case your 100 animal farm would cost you about 45 lakhs -50 Lakhs. about 25-30 Lakhs for animals, 8-10 lakhs for civil construction and 6-8 lakh for machinery like milking machines and fodder cutting machine. Keep another 5 lakhs for miscellaneous. with my experience I can vouch that this activity is profitable but you need to put in lot of efforts

All the best

pradeepsubash

we are commercial dairy farmers offering our expertise in dairy farming. please feel free to call. please visit our web site..
Please contact...
regards
Pradeep Subash

Last edited by a moderator:

prateekvaish

We at Model Dairy Consulting Services provide our clients complete end to end solutions in dairy farming. Our services start right with the conception of idea of an ideal dairy farm fully customized according to the local environment and client needs. We are the only dairy consultants in India which actually own and operate a 250+ cattle breeding Farm with Indian born Pure HF (F6/F7 i.e.92%+ exotic blood level). Our consulting services focus on efficiency as well as efficacy. We assure not only timely completion of project but also on optimum utilization of resources. Our Consultancy Services Include all aspects of dairy farm operations some of which are mentioned below:-
1. Project report preparation (50 lakhs to 10 crores)
2. Developing Standard farm operating procedure and annual business plan
3. Farm layout
4. Manpower planning and solutions
5. Tailor – made Training sessions
6. Sourcing of Livestock
7. Fodder management
8. Computation of feed.
9. Farm mechanization
10. Optimization of operating costs and efficiency ratios
11. Designing of most economical, comfortable and secure cow sheds and other required spaces.
13. Assistance in marketing of livestock after 2 years (even complete buy back arrangement can be worked out for pregnant heifers.)

Salient features of our A-Z Dairy Consulting Services :-
1.Technical knowhow matched with 30 years of practical experience of owning and running a dairy farm.
2.Focus on maximizing productive investment and minimizing investment on non productive items.
3.Selection of plant, machinery and equipments to be need based and not based on whims and fancies.
4.Alternate designs offered in most fixed investment so as to minimize it.
5.Guaranteed savings of 15 to 25 % in your project cost.
6.Guaranteed lucrative returns on investment.
7.Most economical and rational service charges.

For Trade inquiries or more information kindly visit or contact at:
Model Dairy Farm,
Naramau, G.T. road, Kanpur – 209217 (India)
Phone: 09936286478 , 09936296361.
Email: prateekvaish@yahoo.com

Last edited:

prateekvaish

Model Dairy Farm has a rich heritage of more than 30 years in breeding and supplying cows of high productivity and pedigree. In fact, ‘dairy cows’ and Model Dairy are considered synonymous by dairy farmers in north and central India. We have assisted numerous dairy farmers, cattle traders & suppliers, NGOs and cattle breeders with advice, selection and shipment of their Dairy Cows requirement.
Available at Model Dairy Farm:-
 Holstein and Holstein Friesian cross Cows with milk yield capacity of 3000 to 7000 liters in a lactation ( 15 to 40 liters milk per day)
 Holstein Heifers with pedigree records
 All the Holstein cows are Functional Type- “good feet and good udders”
 Jersey and Jersey cross cows with milk yield capacity of 3000 to 5000 liters per lactation. (15 to 25 liters per day).
 Jersey Heifers with pedigree records.
 Apart from jersey and Holstein pure Sahiwal and Brown Swiss cross cows can be arranged on order.

For Trade inquiries or more information kindly visit or contact at:
Model Dairy Farm,
Naramau, G.T. road, Kanpur – 209217 (India)
Phone: 09936286478 , 09936296361.
Email: prateekvaish@yahoo.com

Last edited:

nirmalyaray

need more information

respected sirs,

i can understand your special & heartiest sugessions, but please guide me more, if start with 100 cows how much land will require, how much loan can i get against how much property and where will be the easiest to sell the production, i do have a idea on another prodution business, thats why i have confidence to establish the new business.

please inform me

nirmalya ray
west bengal

You may contact for Milking Machines.

Dear Sir,
You may contact for Milking Machines.
We producing various models of milking machines according to number of milking animals you have your dairy farm , if you have small dairy farm with herd size from 01 - 50 for that we have portable milking machines , if you have more then 50 animals you may purchase stationary milking machine, if you have more the 100 animal you may purchase pipe line milking systems or if you have more the 150-200 animals you may go for a automatic milking parlour , for more details and suitability you may contact us at our mail address or our office , our mailing address is milkwellindia@gmail.com. we can provide you complete milking solution.

Thanks with regards
Sunil

respected sirs,

i can understand your special & heartiest sugessions, but please guide me more, if start with 100 cows how much land will require, how much loan can i get against how much property and where will be the easiest to sell the production, i do have a idea on another prodution business, thats why i have confidence to establish the new business.

please inform me

nirmalya ray
west bengal

dairyman

your query

For a 100 animal farm you need about 400 Sq meters of shed. ( A few people may suggest you even less but my experience says , a little free space will give us a lot of comfort later). For fodder you need about 17 acres of land with assured irrigation.

For loans -- you may get about 75% to 80% of your project cost. If the manager is known to you he will ask you to motagage the property for which you are taking loan else he may ask any other property worth the project cost as security.

If you have 100 cows practically you will be able to get 600-700 Lits per milking for sale since this is not a big quantity you can sell it locally or get in touch with some co-operative for assured market supply.

I have come across a person with a username - sant, he is a dairy consultant and appears to have some good profile with Indian dairy association etc ( I haven't checked this but his postings and blogs on this site gives me a comfort that he know what he is talking, this does not mean others are bad its just that I quickly remeberd his name) , get into touch with him. You can check with me when you are doubt about some thing through a private message

Dairyman

isri

need contact number

I am Srikanth from hyderabad, please plrovide your contact number

Thaks
Srikanth
Please contact....

Last edited by a moderator:

sandyjain

Dairyman, Just curious.. whats the maximum that a co-operative assoc. can buy from a single person and how good are the rates?

sathish2883

hi,
Iam from chennai, and i need to start a new dairy farm near chengalpet town with 10-15 cows. i have 10grounds as land space with covered shed, power supply and water supply. i need a complete guidencess to start. with 10-15 cows how much i can get on daily basis and what are all the expences need to do...pls help me on this.

prateekvaish

Actual Facts

Dear All,
Here are few facts about standard norms for dairy housing and fodder management.
1. For 100 cattle atleast 820 square meter of covered area is required.
2. 15 acres of irrigated agricultural land is sufficient to meet all your green fodder requirements for 100 cattle.
3. For loose housing system the area required for open paddock is 1200 square meters for 100 cattle.
4.bank is going to finance maximum 75% of the project cost as they require atleast 25% margin money.
5.100 good crossbreed cows shall provide you with 350000 lits of milk annually. i.e. a mean of around 1000 lits per day.
6. bank would require mortgage of any property worth atleast twice the value of loan as per report of approved valuer and also all your livestock would be hypothicated.
7. Rate of interest will be same as ATL.
For a 100 animal farm you need about 400 Sq meters of shed. ( A few people may suggest you even less but my experience says , a little free space will give us a lot of comfort later). For fodder you need about 17 acres of land with assured irrigation.

For loans -- you may get about 75% to 80% of your project cost. If the manager is known to you he will ask you to motagage the property for which you are taking loan else he may ask any other property worth the project cost as security.

If you have 100 cows practically you will be able to get 600-700 Lits per milking for sale since this is not a big quantity you can sell it locally or get in touch with some co-operative for assured market supply.

I have come across a person with a username - sant, he is a dairy consultant and appears to have some good profile with Indian dairy association etc ( I haven't checked this but his postings and blogs on this site gives me a comfort that he know what he is talking, this does not mean others are bad its just that I quickly remeberd his name) , get into touch with him. You can check with me when you are doubt about some thing through a private message

Dairyman

dairyman

Milk purchases by co-operatives

Co-opertaives will take any quantity of milk from its member farmers. Generally pricing also is good. It would be the best compared to private dairies and generally about 70% - 75% of the consumer prices in your locality. Right now for a buffalo milk containing 10% fat Co-ps are paying anywhere between Rs25 to 30 per litre and for cow milk they are paying about 11-13 rs per litre.