Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Virus with Brinjal crop

Register

Click Here!

ganna

Hi Friends,

We cultivated BRINJAL in half acre. After month growth few plants are hit with Disease. I consulted local Pepsi seed consultant with few plants and he said soil is hit with Virus and I can't cultivate Tomato & Brinjal any more in that area. Any ideas to cure that land.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Nanda

aryancropcare

We offer complete solutions to pest, insect disease problems in vegetables and specially Brinjal. Feel free to contact us for any further details or assistance.

Thanks & Regards,
Nirav Kikani

Last edited by a moderator:

manojsinghchandel

hi

Hi

You must check the symptoms first. In Brinjal mosaic viral disease is there. It's a viral disease caused by Potato Virus Y and transmitted by aphids (Aphis gossypi and Myzus
persicae). The important symptoms of the disease are mosaic mottling of the leaves and stunting of plants. The leaves of infected plants are deformed, small and leathery. Plants show a stunted growth when infected in the early stages.

Control: The disease incidence can be minimised by reducing the population of aphids, removal and destruction of infected plants and eradication of susceptible weed hosts. In the nursery, aphids can be controlled by application of Carbofuran (1 kg a.i./ha) in the nursery bed at the time of sowing seeds followed by 2-3 foliar sprays of Phosphamidon (0.05%) at an interval of 10 days. Spraying Phosphamidon (0.05%) at 10 days interval starting from 15-20 days after transplanting effectively controls the aphids in the field.

Regards