Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Video Business Rates???

Register

Click Here!

jamesrivard

[FONT=&quot]Hi everyone - im just setting up a new business and am wondering about the pricing for videos that i film, edit and finalise for corporate and business clients.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I recently completed 2 hours worth of filming and 8 hours editing for a friend who owns a music school. It's the first time he's ever commissioned somebody to do this kind of work for him and is the first time I've been booked in for a business project - so agreeing on price is a struggle.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The final product was a 2:47 video for use on his music schools website and youtube account - so basically video content for online.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It was a drum teacher performing 3 songs - shot with one camera from multiple angles over various takes, so quite alot of syncing and re-syncing in post production as each take threw up different continuity issues.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My client says he was expecting to pay around £40 as it was a sub-3 minute video. My thinking is ive put 10 hours work into this project and at £40 im essentially working for £4 an hour.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have worked creatively in the industry on and off for around 13 years but now I'm setting my own business up im a bit lost in terms of how to gauge and price my services.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any info or advice on the above project in particular or industry standard pricing for this kind of work on a whole would be much welcomed and appreciated.
[/FONT]

Marketing Video Animation Studio

Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)