Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

vetiver

Register

Click Here!

perfume

My husband and myself are electronic engineers. After retirement we planned to go for agriculture. We bought land near Thiruvannamalai, Tamil nadu. Since it is a clay soil and high in ph value we decided to cultivate vetiver in one acre. It gave a very good result. It softens the soil.
At present, after cultivating again in more land, i have some vetiver saplings for sale. I have around 50,000 saplings which will be sold at the rate of 0.75 Rs (Seventy five paise) per unit. We can send them by parcel with "to pay" mode. Any body interested can buy and enjoy the fragrance of Vetiver.

antony_pratap

hello Mam,

Can you please let me know the benefits and specs on how high they grow. do you extract the oil and market.

Just curious and would like to visit your farm some time in future. Do these grow well in red soil too?

Thanks,
antony

kpraja

Hi Prathap,
Refer The Vetiver Network International (TVNI). It has tonnes of information about benefits, econimics of vettiver.
Please contact....

Goodluck.

Arokia

Last edited by a moderator:

perfume

Hi Antony
Vetiver can grow up to 5 feet high. It is 12 to 13 months crop.
No, I do not extract oil. I just sell vetiver the oil manufacture companies. They buy from me and extract oil.
vetiver can grow in any soil.
In loose soil, the yield will be more. For example, in sandy soil, the output will be approximately 1.5 to 2 tons per acre.
Thanks for your reply.
With regards.
hello Mam,

Can you please let me know the benefits and specs on how high they grow. do you extract the oil and market.

Just curious and would like to visit your farm some time in future. Do these grow well in red soil too?

Thanks,
antony

aromedindia

Vitiver

Vetiver is very hardy plant and capable of growing under adverse soil and climatic conditions. It can tolerate high degree of salinity and alkalinity,high temperature,waterlogging and moisture stress.Easy to cultivate. Only digging of roots is little difficult and involves major expenditure.
Oil content varies from 0.50-1.20%.
On an avrage 2000 kg semidried roots are produce which can yield 10-12 kg oil worth Rs.150-180k in 18-24 months.This is for improved varieties like KS-1 which give high oil yield with better quality of oil.
Distillation of roots takes lomger time (15-16hrs) than other materials.
The oil of north India variety featches high price 12-20k/kg whereas south Indian oil sells at Rs.7-10k/kg.
Thanks
aromedindia@gmail.com
9451504200/9424633501

aries1049

My husband and myself are electronic engineers. After retirement we planned to go for agriculture. We bought land near Thiruvannamalai, Tamil nadu. Since it is a clay soil and high in ph value we decided to cultivate vetiver in one acre. It gave a very good result. It softens the soil.
At present, after cultivating again in more land, i have some vetiver saplings for sale. I have around 50,000 saplings which will be sold at the rate of 0.75 Rs (Seventy five paise) per unit. We can send them by parcel with "to pay" mode. Any body interested can buy and enjoy the fragrance of Vetiver.
kindly let me know the price for the saplings.my e mail i.d is

ag1977

Hi Perfume,
I am from Courtallam in Tirunelveli Dost. I am looking for vetiver saplings. I need them to plant them in the periphery of abt 3 acres property. Could you call me...
please contact...