Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Vermicomposting project

Register

Click Here!

sumukha

Namaste, I need both inputs as well as raw materials to start a vermicomposting project in 1-2 Acer land near Bangalore (Magadi). Looking at a trial project and want it to be inexpensive to start with until I feel confident and comfortable doing it in effective, efficient and methodical way.

The farm already consists of 100 coconut trees, 50 mango trees and 100 silver oak trees. Can any of the leaf from these plans be used as raw materials?

Thank you in advance for your inputs and support.

Last edited by a moderator:

vtnaren

Hi,

I have a team which undertakes vermicompost training. I have been involved in training more than 5,000 farmers across Karnataka. Please give your contact details , Thanks

garao56

Dear Sri Sumukha, Please contact nearby dairy farms for supply of cow dung for vermicomposting , the leaf material and other debris available on the farm is limited supply . If you are taking up the vermi-compost unit please approach us for project report for availing loan from bank . Also subsidy can be availed from KVIC under the PMEGP scheme .

spbrar

Premium Member
Dear Sri Sumukha, Please contact nearby dairy farms for supply of cow dung for vermicomposting , the leaf material and other debris available on the farm is limited supply . If you are taking up the vermi-compost unit please approach us for project report for availing loan from bank . Also subsidy can be availed from KVIC under the PMEGP scheme .
@garao56, I would like to know a first hand input on the vermi-compost setup and avail financial support form government scheme. please share your contact details to speak direct. regards,

purnachan

Namaste, I need both inputs as well as raw materials to start a vermicomposting project in 1-2 Acer land near Bangalore (Magadi). Looking at a trial project and want it to be inexpensive to start with until I feel confident and comfortable doing it in effective, efficient and methodical way.

The farm already consists of 100 coconut trees, 50 mango trees and 100 silver oak trees. Can any of the leaf from these plans be used as raw materials?

Thank you in advance for your inputs and support.
Sir please visit GKVK, Bangalore-65
It is a Government Institute.