Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Using Gravity from overhead tank for sprinkler

Register

Click Here!

alwarn

Hi, I am about to try a concept in my farm. I am going to invest in a Syntax Tank of 2 Nos of 5000 liters going to be mounted on top of a 20 Feet iron fabricated girder (typical water tank). I will pump water into this tank day long using nominal pump. End of day, using the pressure from the tank water, I want to do sprinkler irrigation to cover atleast 3 acres of land. Is this possible? I know that drip irrigation will work, but will the sprinkler work properly ? I prefer sprinkler because I will be changing combination on the land. Please reply urgently as I have only1 week to decide.

I donot want to use any booster or another pump to create pressure, because I donot have power source. I want to avoid this.

kirti s

hello sir
but without pressure how will the water move up. ull have to use power motor.
or are u opting for solar power.

kishore_cuddapa

You are right, I am using solar power. I am using enough power to drive the submersible pumpset.
Sir,

good you using solar. Can I request for how much money you got it and where did you got it?

As I am also looking to buy solar, this information is very very helpful for me.

alwarn

Dear Kishore: It is not advisable to reveal quotes without permission of that company. Please mail me to narayanalwar@hotmail.com. I will introduce them to you.

On the success of this, I am yet to install the system. This is pending from my side and will be over in one month. Then I can give feedback.

niksnarayana

It depends on how your land is placed. Make sure the tank is at highest level on your land. You need at least 2 kg pressure to run sprinklers. Calculate the pressure that you will get with 20 feet plus the height from you land.
The area covered has to be less if pressure is less. And the number of sprinklers will also have to be less.
Best to go for drip, you will waste lot of water with sprinklers and winds will prevent uniform coverage. If you still choose to use sprinklers ,then I advise to run them in the night.

Good luck.

Nikhil

tauro

Hi Alwarn,
Sprinklers will not work on 20ft high tank. For sprinklers, the water tank has to be at least 45ft high.
Regards,
Justin