Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Urea in dairy ration

Register

Click Here!

farmlife

hello all....
going through a few post ,i sensed that theres still a bit confusion or uncertainity with a few of our friends..rather than searching those old threads and answering their i thought of starting a new one so that it would bbe visible to everyone rather than just ending up as a comment in some thread.following is my two cents...
microorganisms present in the rumen of cattles assist in synthesising proteins and amino acid from non protein nitrogen compounds such as urea
But,but butt...heres the main stuff....it works only when the digestible energy content of the ration is high enuf only then urea together with our friendly microorganisms present in the rumen of cattles can help u ,in supplying up to one third of total protein requirement .
also i would like to draw ur attention towards the fact that this works only with growing animals weighing above 250 to 300 kg.below this mark for calfs it won't work as the microorganisms are not able to convert it into protein and if they do quantaty or quality or both are not adequate
and .and ..and... last but not the least this thing works only for medium and low producers .urea does not appears to be working for rations designed for high producers....

hope u find the above usefull ,correction and suggestions are always welcome.

cheers

farmlife

no reply's

so guys did anyone found the above information usefull....or any contradictions ..
looking forward for any kind of inputs,specially if someone had already tried it in their dairy rations and their practicle observation.

thnx

deepakkhurana24

To best of my knoledge it is a good sorce of protien even for the adult animaks.The methodology of prepration including quantity of urea ie 1 to 1.5 kg per quintal of dry wheat hay ie Toora.Urea shuold be mixed well in about 10 ltrs of water along with 1 to 2 kgs of jaggery put on layers of hay compressed and covered with a cloth or tarpoline.It should be fed to cattle with in 2 to 3 hours of prepration.You may further check on this process and let the readers benifit.

prabhuyadwad

It gives more fat in milk?

To best of my knoledge it is a good sorce of protien even for the adult animaks.The methodology of prepration including quantity of urea ie 1 to 1.5 kg per quintal of dry wheat hay ie Toora.Urea shuold be mixed well in about 10 ltrs of water along with 1 to 2 kgs of jaggery put on layers of hay compressed and covered with a cloth or tarpoline.It should be fed to cattle with in 2 to 3 hours of prepration.You may further check on this process and let the readers benifit.
It gives more fat in cow?

samahiitha

Sir please meet me at NDRI, Adugodi,Bangalore to clarify your doubts on urea feeding to cows Meet Dr.Siddaramanna Phd

hello all....
going through a few post ,i sensed that theres still a bit confusion or uncertainity with a few of our friends..rather than searching those old threads and answering their i thought of starting a new one so that it would bbe visible to everyone rather than just ending up as a comment in some thread.following is my two cents...
microorganisms present in the rumen of cattles assist in synthesising proteins and amino acid from non protein nitrogen compounds such as urea
But,but butt...heres the main stuff....it works only when the digestible energy content of the ration is high enuf only then urea together with our friendly microorganisms present in the rumen of cattles can help u ,in supplying up to one third of total protein requirement .
also i would like to draw ur attention towards the fact that this works only with growing animals weighing above 250 to 300 kg.below this mark for calfs it won't work as the microorganisms are not able to convert it into protein and if they do quantaty or quality or both are not adequate
and .and ..and... last but not the least this thing works only for medium and low producers .urea does not appears to be working for rations designed for high producers....

hope u find the above usefull ,correction and suggestions are always welcome.

cheers

niksnarayana

Post information in this forum

To Samahiita
Sir,
For people who are not able to come to Bangalore, please can you help by giving guidance over this forum. It would be great benefit to all dairy farmers all over the country who cannot make it to Bangalore.
The information passed over this forum will help everyone and can be discussed in open and democratic manner so that any issues and clarifications can be resolved.

If you have any material, you can just copy paste it.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Nikhil

Sir please meet me at NDRI, Adugodi,Bangalore to clarify your doubts on urea feeding to cows Meet Dr.Siddaramanna Phd