Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Ultrasonic extraction of turmeric and medicinal herbs

Register

Click Here!

murikan

I need guidance on ultrasonic extraction of medicinal herbs like turmeric , moringa etc . to set up a manufacturing plant
Please help

maitys

I need guidance on ultrasonic extraction of medicinal herbs like turmeric , moringa etc . to set up a manufacturing plant
Please help
Ultrasound Extraction (Sonication) - procedure involves the use of ultrasound with frequencies ranging from 20 kHz to 2000 kHz; this increases the permeability of cell walls and produces cavitation.
Although the process is useful in some cases, like extraction of Saffon , Stevia etc.
It's large-scale application is limited due to the higher costs.
One disadvantage of the procedure is the occasional but known deleterious effect of ultrasound energy (more than 20 kHz) on the active constituents of medicinal plants through formation of free radicals and consequently undesirable changes in the drug molecules.

garao56

The process of ultrasonic extraction of herbs may not be economical when compared to returns hence please go for traditional methods as advised Mr Maitys

murikan

Thanks Mr Maitrys and MR Garao 56.
I am looking at a pilot project of say 100 litres extraction tank and I got a quote for 7 laks Rs including extractor evaporator and condenser . Tats not too expensive .

Running costs should be less than conventional methods . What’s ur iopinion ?

mhammedal

Ultrasound Extraction (Sonication) - system involves using ultrasound with frequencies ranging from 20 kHz to 2000 kHz; this will increase the permeability of mobile partitions and produces cavitation.
Despite the fact that the manner is useful in a few cases, like extraction of Saffon , Stevia and many others.
It is big-scale application is constrained because of the higher costs.
One disadvantage of the technique is the occasional however known deleterious impact of ultrasound electricity (extra than 20 kHz) at the active constituents of medicinal flowers thru formation of unfastened radicals and consequently undesirable changes within the drug molecules.

vmap

Sir/madam
This type of technology for extraction of active principles from medicinal plants may cause loosing their essence and so purpose will be defeated.Its my personal opinion only.