Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Turmeric Seeds on sale in Punjab for 2012

Register

Click Here!

carbon

We are inviting bookings for a high yielding, 8.4 Carcumin (Colour & pigmentation element), disease resistant, turmeric rhizomes in Punjab for agricultural and retail purposes. Highest quality is assured. Deliveries by Mar-Apr 2012. Also offering buy-back of the entire crop. Technical assistance shall be provided.

Last edited:

ajay_opal

I am interested.How much turmeric is required for planting in one acre ? and what will be the cost per Kg /Qtl ?

rajsekarh

We are inviting bookings for a high yielding, 8.4 Carcumin (Colour & pigmentation element), disease resistant, turmeric rhizomes in Punjab for agricultural and retail purposes. Highest quality is assured. Deliveries by Mar-Apr 2012. Also offering buy-back of the entire crop. Technical assistance shall be provided.

sir we have 40 acres of land
please send details
we are from andhrapradesh

Last edited by a moderator:

rpsingh09

I would like to know more about turmeric cultivation. I have 50 acres of agricultural land near Raibareli District in U.P. Kindly elaborate the offer on my mail ID Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

carbon

Dear All,

Thank you very much for the response. I really appreciate it.

In a nut shell I can assure you that turmeric cultivation is a very profitable crop selection for a non-subsistence farmer, both as a stand-alone crop and also as an intercrop. The intial cost is a bit high due to the seed, but the returns are tremendous.

To cater to the curious, the seed requirement is from 1-1.2 tons / acer for stand-alone crop and from 600-800 Kgs per acer while doing intercropping. The yield can be as high as 18-20 times if the correct techniques are employed and proper crop management is practised. However a yield of 14-16 times of the seed quantity is easily possible. This would translate into 7.5-9 tons of processed turmeric per hectare. With a high carcumin content, this would give you handsome returns in the market.

I can provide you detailed information about turmeric cultivation and the knowhow required for a good yield. This forum may not be the right place to place so much information. Please write to me individually on the following address tandongn at gmail dot com

Looking forward to your querries.

Your friend
Carbon

Last edited:

perprit

Dear Sir,

I am interested in doing Turmeric Cultivation. I am having my land in Himachal Pradesh in Distt Solan.Kindly send me your address and contact number.

Regards.
Perminder Singh

carbon

Dear Members,

I would like to thank the Agri Info forum for providing a wonderful platform for such wide publicity at virtually no cost to me. I would also like to thank the patrons for the overwhelming response to my thread, especially through the private messages.

I would soon be joining as a business member. I think I owe them at least this much.
Rgds