Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Termite Treatment for Amla Trees. Suggestions and views will be very much appreciated

Register

Click Here!

Dear Forum Members

I am writing to seek expert opinion and views of the members of Agriculture Information

I have around 500 Amla (Nelli) trees as part of my farm near Tenkasi in Southern Tamil Nadu. We have ongoing issues with frequent termite infestation of amla trees. We have avoided using chemical pesticides and other treatments. The amla tree basins are cleared frequently. I have tried watering the trees periodically, applying slaked lime and tobacco dust on trees and physically removing termites from the trees. Despite best and constant efforts I find all of these are only temporary solutions. Given that there have been no rains in the last year or so, the rate of termite formation is very frequent and very rapid

I have avoided using any chemical based treatment like chlorpyrifos as our cultivation is pre-dominantly chemical free.

I am writing to seek expert opinion and views of members of this forum for any other natural / biological treatments to control and stop termite infestation in my amla trees

Suggestions and views will be very much appreciated

Regards

P S Krishnan

kynadi

After cutting the Banana bunch , cut the stem and extract the juice in a mixy and mix as much water or more and pore on base of the infested plant . You can increase the water , by your own trial. This should work.
Thanks
James Jacob Kynadi
james@herbzmail.com

shashibhushanps

Cow Urine can keep away the termites and other stem boring pests. So u can spray the cow urine by adding water in 1:4 (cow urine:water) proportion. Also u can pour it to plant basin. It is also a good liquid fertilizer.

rohitud

A Natural Way is to use neem oil with 10,000ppm azhadirictin

Though the process works slowly, it is one of the safe and nontoxic ways of removing termite infestation.
Termites die quickly once they come in direct contact with neem oil.
Repeat the application daily until the termites are completely eliminated.

or a Cocktail of Neem Oil + Aloe Vera Gel + White Vinegar + Kerosene ;)

Also try This simple way to get rid of termite infestation is soapy water.
It forms a solid seal on the outer shells of termites which makes it vulnerable for them to breath. And they eventually die.

Liquid dish Soap 1 part to 10 part water ... ( 1 : 10 )

Last edited:

gree17a3

We make Bio-Termiticide for our own Organic Cultivation Projects. All the above suggestion doesn't work as Cocktail Formula doesn't work for Termite
Erradication from Field. You can Call or Revert back on my email id: greenfarmorganics@gmail.com or Mbl. No. 9559944441.
Thanks & Regards,
Firoz Hassan. Horticulturist & Organic Farming Expert.
130, Leader Road, Allahabad,
Uttar Pradesh.

intertrade

Dear Krishnan,

we have 4 pest control products,
derived from Indian Medicinal Herbs,
meaning no intervention of chemicals,
safe to use, sure, complete +ve results.

fast acting and complete cure.
recently USA has requested for sample to test!*

need to blend 1 liter with 5 liters of water and spray
in the infested area and record the results.

Indicative cost per liter, Rs.1300, incl' of Taxes, we can send it by a night travel bus.(cost inclusive)

nitinmku

You try using sugar mixed with any flour and spread it near tree infested with termites. Sugar attracts Ants, and they in turn eat termites. So the termite problem can be resolved. I am using this method and quite successful. (Ofcourse I have to repeat this process every year)