Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

telapia fish farming

Register

Click Here!

baroom

Hi every body Just i wanted to know from any expert that i want to start a telapia farming in Andhra pradesh. can i grow this fish in underground water. and very important doubt for me is after growing the telapia fish in bulk quantity who will buy it.(or what is the channel to sell the tilapia fish in the market) or i will face any problem at the time of selling them. plese tell me.
thanks in advance.

Ashwini

hi
Large-scale commercial culture of tilapia is limited almost exclusively to the culture of three species: Oreochromis niloticus, O. mossambica and O. aureus. Of the three tilapia species with recognized aquaculture potential, the Nile tilapia, O. niloticus, is by far the most commonly used species in fish farming. In traditioanal pond culture of tilapia, proper environmental conditions are maintained by balancing the inputs of feed with the natural assimilative capacity of the pond. The pond’s natural biological productivity (algae, higher plants, zooplankton and bacteria) serves as a biological filter that converts the wastes through natural biological processes.

Marketing
International trade is growing rapidly, especially between Central American producers (Costa Rica, Ecuador and Honduras) and the United States, and between Asian producers (Taiwan, China, Indonesia and Thailand) and the United States and Japan. You can also target few hotels in the local area.

Regards
Ashwini