Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Teak Tree Plantation is it really profitable

Register

Click Here!

ram pasalkar

Hi i have done my part of study on teak tree plantations but could not find answers to a couple of questions

1. When does a teak tree become sale able (7-10 yrs)? (12-15 yrs)? yes i know the longer i keep more timber i can expect.
2. I have seen ITC green website and even tried connecting them for their expertise...but have not got any reply
3. What rate does the farmer get for teak trees on his farm? for instance if the market rate is Rs 2500 Cu/ft does the farmer get this or less than this as the company or person will have to get engaged in cutting and transporting of timber.
4. how much can i expect from teak plantation in 3 acres of land with favorable conditions for the same in 10 yrs?

Regards
Ram

allen_p

dear ram,
As you rightly pointed out the more years you maintain the more timber you can get is sure. But a teak tree will attain the saleable size may be after 20 years only. The increase in the girth of the tree is directly proportional to the soil type you are going to take up the plantation. Usually teak are plantations which will be enjoyed by the generations but that that depends on your age. Any further clarifications please contact at 09894550862, P.Allen, B. Sc (Agri)