Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Sunil Kumar - Dairy Farming

Register

Click Here!

educationteam

You are invited to attend a webinar (live discussion) on Dairy Farming with Sunil Kumar of ENNAR Business Consultants, Thiruvananthapuram

How to attend this online meeting:

Date: April 25, 2013
Time: 2.30pm IST
Location: Online Meeting via GoToMeeting. Limited seats available. First come first serve only.

Meeting Link https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/546849480

You will be connected to audio using your computer's microphone and speakers (VoIP). A headset is recommended.
Meeting ID: 546-849-480
Not at your computer? Click the link to join this meeting from your iPhone®, iPad® or Android® device via the GoToMeeting app.

If this is the first time you are using GoToMeeting (online meeting software) we suggest you download and test this meeting link well in advance. If you need any help in joining this meeting please call us at 080-49101303 or email: support@agricultureinformation.com

If you need an automatic reminder for this event please click on the WEBINAR CALENDAR link above and select the reminders for the events you are interested to attend.
========================================

More about Sunil Kumar

http://www.agricultureinformation.com/consultants/ennar-business-consultants-dairy/

In this live discussion you will be able to ask questions related to Dairy Farming.

Please use this thread to ask all your questions related to before and after the webinar. During the webinar the speaker will respond to all the questions posted on this thread. Even if you are unable to attend the meeting live you can ask your questions now for the speaker - just hit "reply" ask list your questions.

I look forward to seeing you in the meeting.

Rajani
Webinar Coordinator
AgricultureInformation.com

barooah_mrigank

Dairy Farming - Guidance / Advices

I am interested to start a Dairy business & hence, would like to know the following: (1) which high yielding breed is recommended for Assam climatic condition; (2) what will be the yield per cow; (3) where will it be available & at what rate/cost; (4) can a project report be avaiilable with full details of infrastructure, upkeep/maintenance & appx. Costings?
I would like to start with around 8-10 cows initially. Your guidance/advice in this regard is highly solicited. I am ready to pay your fees/charges for the full Project Report. Kindly advise.
Regards.

barooah_mrigank

(1)Which high yielding breeds are suitable for Assam climate? (2)What will be their respective yield/cow? (3)Place of availability & cost per cow? (4)Project Report with full details of infrastructure, maintenance/upkeep, appx costing for a small farm of 8-10 cows is required. (5) What will be the cost of the Project Report?
Thanks & regards.
M. B. Barooah
+919775422654
+919435034873

ennar

High yielding Breeds suitable for Assam - Jerssey, HF cross
Availability - Since you need small numbers it is better to purchase locally after verifying the yield and quality and the cost vary depending upon the yield for 15 ltr production daily around 45000 - 50000 rupees
Can provide bankable project report of 10 cows for Rs 5000/-

esnath

Mr. Sunil,

It was a big relief after interacting with you over the webinar .
Is there a way you could provide me consultancy in managing and improvising my dairy farm.

Regards,
Swastik Nath.

ennar

Dear Mr. Swastik Nath,

Thank You very Much. Please let me know which all area you need consultancy like feeding, management etc. I can give online consultancy through mail and phone.

educationteam

Mr. Sunil,

We have a query by one of the members which is as below.

sir
Now i have arranged the finance for the project and requires project paper so i wish you to prepare the project paper for me.
but before it for the last time i want to confirm whether dairy farming with jersey cow and holstein fresian cow is advisable or not???
I am thinking to start the business with 300 such cows and then will take it further.
And further questions are as follows::
1.For starting the dairy farming do we require any government certificates or any such thing and if yes then which???
2. Want information regarding jersey cow and holestrian frisein cow if possible regarding their milk giving capacity, daily meal they require and so on???
3.At what price do the milk of these cows are sold in market i heared its something around 50 to 75 is it so???
I will be thankful to you for your help and your project paper.

Please mention your fees for preparing the project papers

Zeeshan Ali Ansari

ennar

Dear Mr. Zeeshan,

Jersey and HF cows are good if the climatic conditions is suitable. Please let me know the place you are planning to start.

We can provide project Report as well as Technical consultancy for setting up a farm of 300 cows. It is always advisable to go for hitech farms with milking parlour for big farms.

If you planning to sell the milk to other than co-operative societies you require License from FSSAI and also need License from panchayat, Pollution control board etc.

Jersey can give average 15 Liters milk per day and HF gives 25 to 30 Liters per day. Please select good yielding cows only as the maintenance ration is same for both. Only the production feeding ration differs as 400gms of Concentrate for every liter and 1.5 kg for maintenance ration.

Milk price is only 35 to 40 Rs /litre.

esnath

Hello Mr.Sunil,

sorry for the late reply .

I require your assistance in the following areas:

1)Fodder cultivation and management
2) Feed planning & balanced ration for animals.
3)Devising dairy records management system.
4)Milk forecasting and managing milk production.

currently i need more guidance in fooder cultivation and management .
as of now i am implementing drip irrigation in my farm for growing napier grass and would like to know how much amount of water does each plant need per day and how frequently should i water it.
i would also like to know what more i can do to increase the production and how to make sailage.
also what else can be cultivated using drip which will work as feed to my cattle and would eventually replace the feed that i purchase from market.

eagerly awaiting your reply.

regards,
swastik.

ennar

Hello Mr. esnath,

As I have replied in my earlier reply I can provide you consultancy. But my visit will be costly. I can provide the services through phone and mail.
I can provide consultancy in the following areas:

1)Fodder cultivation and management
2) Feed planning & balanced ration for animals.
3)Devising dairy records management system.
4)Milk forecasting and managing milk production.
Please let me know whether your fodder cultivation is near to your dairy farm.

So please let us know your decision so that I can propose my charges

medarajesh

I am interested to start a Dairy Farm and would like to know the details of
(1) which high yielding breed is recommended for Andhrapradesh climatic condition.
(2) what will be the yield per cow.
(3) where will it be available & at what rate/cost.
(4) can a project report be available with full details of infrastructure, upkeep/maintenance & approximate Costing
I would like to start with around 5-6 cows initially.
Your guidance/advice in this regard is highly solicited. my contact rajesh_meda2000@yahoo.com
Thanks & Regards.

educationteam

Here is the video of the presentation for those who could not attend.

[video=youtube;_jTdEFpxIt4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jTdEFpxIt4[/video]

Last edited: