Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Suddenly, we have large white round Mushrooms in our yard

Register

Click Here!

mrhookup

I've never seen mushrooms like this. We now have at least 6 of these large white round mushrooms almost the size of a basketball. They seem to be in the area near the bushes which are landscaped with mulch. Are these things poisonous? Are they valuable? Do people eat them? I have no idea. Should I just cut them out and throw them away? Help, please. Not that it matters, but we live in the North East (Baltimore). Thank you.

kirti s

edible mushroom

Dear sir,
it is very difficult to identify or say poisnus or not with out having knowledge if check yr fore fathers about if some body know regardsing ediblity, or some of the cruterias like
other than white colur , there should not be any structure at base.

REgards

Kirti naik

vishal779

Hi,
It can be some species of Puffball mushrooms, you can post picture for getting better identification. Young and small puffballs are considered a delicacy and are very tasty.
Vishal.

mrhookup

Giant round white mushrooms

Kirti: As far as I can tell from your post, these mushrooms do not seem to have a base. They just appear to be sitting there; the largest one is easily the size of a basketball. I will take pictures of them and post it here. I hope that will help. I showed that to a guy who treats our lawn, and he was baffled. He said he never saw any mushrooms like these. He's been in the Landscape business for 15 years.

mrhookup

Mushrooms

I took the pictures but I can't find a place on this site where I can browse to put the pictures on it. They are in My Docments. How do I do it?