Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

strawberry farm

Register

Click Here!

jeevanswamyk

Dear sir this is swamy from mandya (karnataka) i would like to start small strawberry farm in my estate, can we cultivation in our weather . if i start the strawberry farm in mandya what is the basic information please inform me

nandupranu

Dear Swamy,
You can cultivate Strawberries in Mandya provided you give it the right temperature Basically, it needs good water drainage and mild heat. My husband and I could consult with you on this if you are interested, we will be in Bangalore in August/September. Let me know.
Regards
Nanda

lucky_prakash

Am Planning Strawberry Formation in Telangana

Dear Swamy,
You can cultivate Strawberries in Mandya provided you give it the right temperature Basically, it needs good water drainage and mild heat. My husband and I could consult with you on this if you are interested, we will be in Bangalore in August/September. Let me know.
Regards
Nanda
Hi Sir, Am also looking for Information, Am from Telangana and in My place temparature will be beteen 10-22 Centigrade and my land is about 1 Acre.
Please let me know the approximate cost that need to spend on Strawberry cultivation, and methods if any to minimize the investment, Your small information will helps me to build my career and life.
Please any one share your suggestions on this.

vikas_dundoo

Dear Prakash, I am a polyhouse farmer in Telangana. I am doubtful about the temperatures mentioned by you in telangana. Kindly cross check. Which part of telangana are you from?
And yes, even i have heard of people planning to cultivate strawberries in polyhouses. I am not sure about its viability.

nandupranu

Hi Prakash
In AP, the temperature will be a bit higher than in Mandya. The correct temperature should be around 20-22 degrees with plenty of water. The plants have to be kept cool, fruits come once in 6 weeks .You can contact us on 10pnpgroups@gmail.com.

surshar

Hi all,

Anybody please tell about various growing parameters (minimum and maximum range) for strawberry cultivation.

Regards

nandupranu

Hi,
I am unable to get your name from your question.
As you say, the temperature looks correct-10-22 degs. In 1 acre of land you can have few poly houses with good irrigation system. Your beds must be raised to cultivate and you must have straws for the fruits to rest on.
We will be in Bangalore in Aug/Sept doing consulting on strawberry farming. If you want, you can inbox me on pnpgroups@gmail.com or nandapraveena@gmail.com for further info to arrange further discussions. My husband can speak in Telugu .
regards
Nanda