Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Step by step process for setting up a Medium size Dairy Farm

Register

Click Here!

milkeyway

Dear Members

Planning to start a Dairy farm Need help & info on following:

1. What should be the ratio of cows and buffalos?

2. As I m having Agricultural land in Rajasthan –what all permissions are required to construct sheds / stores etc on that land from authorities ?

3. Is it a wise step to look for a Dairy consultant? If yes what are their normal charges for a turn key project?

4. What should be the step to start ie Fodder plantation / construction of sheds / purchasing of animals etc?

5. Where is the best animal market in Rajasthan / Haryana or near by?

6. What is the best use of milk production i.e. to sell it to a co-operative of go for marketing or what else can be done?

7. Some ideas / drawings on low cost yet effective shed construction.

8. What is the percentage wise minimum return I can expect provided that I do a hard work?

9. What are the risks involved?

10. How many workers are required per 10 animals?

11. How many nimals can be fed per acre of land?

12. Some experienced people say “ If a dairy farm sustains itself for initial 1 year it will do well or else it will die its natural death “ – if this is true then why so?

All members / Dairy farm consultants / any person associated with dairy industry are welcome to give their genuine inputs / ideas / suggestions for above quarries. I’m sure a lot of people who are thinking on this line will definitely have similar quarries.

Thanking you in anticipation.

kirti s

Dear Sir

as u are loactedin Rajasthan u first make a visit to the the below college.
College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry,
Rajasthan Agriculture University,
Bikaner-334001 (Rajasthan)
here u can get extension education related to dairy farming.

Loan is provided by NABARD related to dairy farming.

srini14

dairy farm project regd

Dear Members

Planning to start a Dairy farm Need help & info on following:

2. As I m having Agricultural land in Rajasthan –what all permissions are required to construct sheds / stores etc on that land from authorities ?

3. Is it a wise step to look for a Dairy consultant? If yes what are their normal charges for a turn key project?

4. What should be the step to start ie Fodder plantation / construction of sheds / purchasing of animals etc?

6. What is the best use of milk production i.e. to sell it to a co-operative of go for marketing or what else can be done?

8. What is the percentage wise minimum return I can expect provided that I do a hard work?

12. Some experienced people say “ If a dairy farm sustains itself for initial 1 year it will do well or else it will die its natural death “ – if this is true then why so?

All members / Dairy farm consultants / any person associated with dairy industry are welcome to give their genuine inputs / ideas / suggestions for above quarries. I’m sure a lot of people who are thinking on this line will definitely have similar quarries.

Thanking you in anticipation.
hello,

we are dairy consultants. we can help you set up a good dairy farm. you can contact us on . we will clear all your quiries. you can mail your contact details also to

srinivasan

Last edited by a moderator:

rajanaginfo

Thats depends on the need of the farm, objective

Nothing is required provided if you have land records. Visit to a local vet am sure will guide you in this matter

Its good but before hand have enrolled your self for a training programme and then assess the faesibilities, later you can take it forward

Plan the strucutres well with the existing land, water is must for fodder production, Silage making etc, associated structure, finally go for animal procurement, Buy small units initially and gradually increase the nors.

Find out with local Veterinary doctors not the quacks

Marketing your self needs lot of energy to it, at all levels. Margin of return will be good

Go for Head to head system with Trolley space in between.. Cement sheets or thached roofs would be fine. Meet the local vet.

Really depends on your sincere efforts, it will all be depends on good farm management you can see the real return only after 2 - 3 years to the tune of 20 -30pc.

Diseases and Management of lactating animals. Remeber you are planning something based on living animals.

To manage 10 animals you need to have 2 people at least around the clock.

On a staggered fodder you can maintain atleast 5 animas

Its not true. to sustain something you need to plan it well like constructing a house with cheap material and high quality materials

PM for more info