Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Start small scale Aquaponic form in south India

Register

Click Here!

wilsonnadar

Happy Diwali. Deepavali greetings to you all. I am a NRI, Planning to comeback, and settle down (retire) in my home town with in a year or two time period. I have some good reasonable amount of land in Tanjore Dist TN & Idukki Kerala. To keep myself busy and occupied, thinking of taking up Aquaponic as a hobby/time pass (may be commercial if feasible). Few years back I thought of setting up emu farm but didn’t do it. I do have 3 ponds in which I grow carps though.
I want to start my aquaponic with murrels (snakehead) and Tilapia in one tank & Carps in another tank as the choice of fishes. Grow fruity vegetable with NFT system and leafy vegetables on small raft system under shade (green house?). Currently I am setting up a small aquaponic system in my basement with two 600L fish tanks. Planning to use media grow bed and NFT to learn.
Any ideas or pros & cons to our subcontinent condition are welcome. Thanks in advance to everyone

Best regards
Wilson

kirti s

Hello sir
yes ur idea is good to start aquaphonics.
But hydroponics can cost u a lot.

Why dont u plan to cultivate in soil rather than hydroponics system..
its ok if u want to go for NFT but since our soil is easily available with ample amounts of soil nutrients and good atmosphere to grow crops i would suggest u to go for soil culture..

regards
kirti

wilsonnadar

Thanks Kirti.
My main goal is to produce lot of fish not vegetable. Specially the snake head using recirculating water. So I thought best way to purify water naturally is using aquaponic system. And at the same time I can get some veggies out of it.
Regards
Wilson

rejinmj

Hello,

If you ever need Hydroponic Solution (Complete Nutrient Solution) contact us

We are the sole agent for Dyna-Gro USA in India.

Contains All 16 Essential Minerals - Required for optimum plant growth and health.
Reduce the Need to Transplant - Quick absorption by plant roots. No searching for nutrients.
Urea Free Formulas - No harmful urea that can burn roots.
Low in Soluble Salts - Plants take up the complete nutrient formula requiring little or no flushing.
Safe and Easy to Use - Will not harm fish in ponds or fish tanks. Excellent for use with injectors and hand held sprayers.
The Only Formulas with Complete Nutrition

Dyna-Gro is more than a fertilizer. Dyna-Gro is a complete nutrient solution "The Nutrition Solution". Ordinary fertilizers are incomplete. Many only contain N-P-K! Some contain additional elements but are still not complete.

Only Dyna-Gro Nutrition Solutions contain all 16 of the minerals essential for optimum plant growth in one, easy to use, liquid concentrate. Omission of any one of these minerals will result in either abnormal growth, the failure to complete all life cycle functions or premature death.

With Dyna-Gro, simply dilute the appropriate formula to the desired concentration with the assurance that all macro and micro nutrients are present in the proper ratios.

Last edited by a moderator:

venkat1777

Hi Wilson, This is venkat from hyderabad. Have u started murrel farming with aquaphonic system?. Is it possible?. Please share me the detailes.