Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

soil testing for NITROGEN, P , and S

Register

Click Here!

krushibandhu

Hello,
sir
can you please tell me how to test the soil for available nitrogen, phosphorous and sulphar and can you please suggest a book for the above tests

-----somnath
hubli
karnataka

kirti s

Hello sir,
Standard methods of for analysis of soil,plant and water by I.C> Gupta, NPS,YAduvaonmshi and S.K.Gupta is one of the best book to learn soil analysis, since you are located at hubli I request you to visit University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad ettina gudda for details training on analysis and meet Dr.Bidri, Dr.P.L.PAtil.
Secondly to analyse soil, water you may require well equipped laboratory with Nitrogen analyser, Flame photometer, p
H meter and EC meter with chemicals do you have all these facility it is costly for the farmer to have.
Department of agriculture,Horticulture and universities have there lab and test your soil,water and plant give the report.
now a days portable soil and water analysing kits costing 5000 are available they will also help to some extent clarify you are farmer or want to start business and do visit dharwad agriculture university for details.

krushibandhu

sir
Thank you very much for the needful reply.. you wanted to know about me.... i am basically civil Engineer from chitradurga district..i want to help , educate , advise the farmers in rural Area at free of cost ... ofcourse you may tell that this aspect will be taken care by the people /department meant for it ,, i need not ----
but basically my village people are not getting the so called help ... i want to select some of the educated people from my village and form a team of advisers for farmers , setting of soil lab will help us a lot ---- if any farmer gets 1% extra yield more than expected --- that is the award for my efforts........

somnath
Hubli