Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Innovation SOIL LESS ORGANIC ( COMMERCIAL & URBAN ) FARMING

Register

Click Here!

maitys

Introduction : Coconut palm is an important plantation crop grown in 1.89 million ha in India supporting livelihood of many Indians. Coir industry is the important cottage industry related to coconut palm. Coir processing factory in India produce approximately 0.5 million tones of coir pith waste every year. The coir waste accumulates and creates an environmental hazard. Coir waste from coir fiber industries is processed into coco peat then used for horticultural and agricultural applications. Coco peat being resistant to bacterial and fungal growth also has high moisture retention and cation exchange capacity. Coco peat with such useful properties is not recommended for agricultural use alone due to its high lignin and cellulose contents. But if it is used in combination with other compost and organic manure it can prove to be an excellent culture medium, plant nutrient source and soil substitute in modern agricultural practices.

CONCLUSION :

The data from our experiment showed that although coco peat has several advantages still alone coco peat media is not found suitable for any crop. The same coco peat when mixed with compost showed better result in terms of height, number of fruits per plant (yield). Previous studies have also recommended the use of compost to promote better yield and growth.

NOTE : Pesticides or external plant fertiliser not applied in the entire crop cycle

SOILESS MEDIA CULTIVATION ( COCOPEAT + COMPOST + NEEM ) CONSULTANCY AVAILABLE WITH MEDIA & MOTHER SEED

Attachments

Last edited:

veeru64

Happy Snkranthi

Please guide me where I can get cocopeat compost in hyderabad, My self working as GM Quality systems in Genomelabs, Looking for cocopeat compost for my Roof garden, residing in hyderabad.

Please give contact no. to procure material.

With regards

P.V.Rao