Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Small dairy

Register

Click Here!

lamang06

Hi,
My wife and I thinking of taking over my dad's small dairy 40 cows. We would like to put a small milk processing operation on the farm,because with 40 cows you can't make a living.
We need lots of help to investigate all what needs done to get something like this going.
Farm is beside a close to college and close to a medium city(Lancaster PA ).

vkv_2

Hi,
My wife and I thinking of taking over my dad's small dairy 40 cows. We would like to put a small milk processing operation on the farm,because with 40 cows you can't make a living.
We need lots of help to investigate all what needs done to get something like this going.
Farm is beside a close to college and close to a medium city(Lancaster PA ).
lamang its good to know that you are thinking of talking over your dad's dairy. The dairy in the US is more advanced and profitable than hear in India. The reviews in this site is mostly from Indian farming community and my personal opinion will be that it will not be of much help to you. Get in touch with farmers in the US to successfully run your dairy.

prateekvaish

Dear Sir,
Greetings from MODEL DAIRY FARM SERVICES ! You need to do following things to set up an efficient milk processing unit:-
1. Demand analysis
2. Product mix planning
3. Inventory management.
4. Capacity of equipments and machine would depend on your average daily milk handling, however you require minimum of a milk analyzer, cream seperator, butter churn and a milk homogenizor along with a suitable packaging unit.

after deciding product mix you may contact me for list of suitable equipments.

Regards,

Prateek Vaish,
Vice President Operations,

Model Dairy Farm Services.

Email : prateekvaish@yahoo.com

srini14

dairy project regd

lamang its good to know that you are thinking of talking over your dad's dairy. The dairy in the US is more advanced and profitable than hear in India. The reviews in this site is mostly from Indian farming community and my personal opinion will be that it will not be of much help to you. Get in touch with farmers in the US to successfully run your dairy.

hello mr lamang,

we are dairy consultants. we undertake turnkey dairy projects. we can guide you in setting up a processing plant in your place. you can contact us on
. we can discuss every thing in detail.

srinivas

Last edited by a moderator:

Trace mineralised salt lick

The productivity of ruminant animals such as cattle, buffaloes and goats is severely constrained by poor mineral nutrition which restrict growth and reproductive rates, and contribute to a high economic loss in flocks and herds. One very effective method that addresses mineral deficiency is mineral block.

Salt, minerals both are indispensable for good health and high productivity. Each animal has an individual salt and mineral requirement, which is dependent on large number of factors: body weight and growth rate, age, pregnancy, lactation phase and milk yield, perspiration and performance. A mineral deficiency manifests itself in a loss of appetite, weight loss, decrease in milk yield, breeding problem, reduced growth and a decline in natural resistance. Some animals even start licking the walls due to decline of good taste.

The normal ration –compound feed and roughage – fulfills the general needs of the animals, whereas mineralised salt licks fulfill the individual need for salts and minerals. Animal licks these blocks as per its body demand.
Dosage and administration
Free Choice

Packaging and presentation
2 kg lick

Shelf Life
2 Years from date of Manufacture
Price
Available on request

Cotact detail
Star animal Nutrition
Pondicherry

srini14

animal nutruition

hello,

can you mail your contact details or give a call... would like to have a discussion with you.
Please contact.....

srinivas

ramya dairy consultants
hyderabad