Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

sheep food and marketing for rambule breeds

Register

Click Here!

sridhar152

well i have 5 acres of coconut farm and i want to start a sheep farming with australian sheeps rambule.well whats the food and feed i can prepare and where can i get the breeds .well are the australian sheeps good for marketing.
which breed of sheep is good for marketing.

mohangowda04

Better go to osmanabadi goats that is more profitable than any other sheeps
hi sir i am planning to start goat farm in bangalore so which breed as good marketing & how much space required fo 100 goat... can u help me this is my mail id-

Last edited by a moderator:

asadrazvi2000

Osmanabadi Goats

Dear Sir,
Let me introduce myself, I am Mustafa from Hyderabad working as Project Engineer in Abu Dhabi and this Goat Farming is my hobby, passion and my side business. This business is taken care by my younger brother who is also an Engineer in Hyderabad

for Osmanbadi Goats please contact us and under signed email address

Here are the few advantages of Osmanabadi Breed:

1- These goats are native of Osmanabad which enjoys its border with A.P; Osmanabad has similar type of climate as some parts of A.P and Karnataka. These goats are also showing a very good performance in all the state as per the survey conducted by Krishi Vigyan Kedra. We are dealing weekly 20-30 inquiries from Oman and Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain which are more than 3000 Km from Osmanabad and also from Haryana, Punjab, U.P, Rajasthan and all Southern & Central States regarding this Breed .

2- Osmanabadi goat shows a very efficient reproductive performance and resistance against diseases not only in well managed semi stall feeding system but also in severe drought conditions. As per research conducted by NARI on Osmanabadi Goats in Maharashtra, in spite of drought which occurred in 2007 and 2008, there was no drop in the productivity rate of Osmanabad goat (Nimbkar, Pawar and Chavan 2010- NATIONAL SEMINAR on Stress Management in Small Ruminant Production and Product Processing Jaipur 29-31 January 2010)

3- The age at the first kidding is around 15 months with the lactation length of around 130 days. The dressing percentage varies from 55- 60 %. In favourable conditions the does will breed twice a year, twinning is very common and the milk yield ranged form 700 gm to 1500 gm.

4- From 30 kg live weight, you will get 18 kg of meat. In this 12 kg loss is due to non edible part of meat like Viscera, Hide, etc.

5- The leather of osmanabadi goat is fairly of good quality and its meat is preferred by majority of the rural and urban population in southern India.

6- In the end the weight of 6 months of Kid will be 22-25 Kg in well managed farm.

If you can purchase / have the land we can arrange for you project report on Osmanabadi Goats after taking all your details and requirements so that you can submit it to local bank for the loan approval and it will take 2 months from initial start. NABARD Bank is also providing 20% subside to new Goat farmers so please find out about this in your State.
Note: we will also offer you buy back policy if you purchase the Good foundation stock from us because we will be already aware of which foundation stock we are providing you.
Buy Back letter from the trader is one of the requirements to apply loan in local bank.
NABARD's Model Bankable Projects

If you need any help and more details, please let me know.

sridhar152

stall feeding for sheeps

sir dose any one know the method of stall feeding for sheeps.whats the feed we can prepare ourselves .well can indian breed sheep be stallfeeded.

asadrazvi2000

Stall Feeding For Sheeps

Dear Sir,

Stall Feeding is also Known as Intensive farming
If the agro-climatic conditions are such that the land is mostly under prennial cropping and the grazing land is only available during inter-cropping periods than the only choice is to adopt intensive management system. Such areas are suitable for milch breeds. During winter the roughage and concentrate feeding is done at stalls and substantial grazing is possible during summer after harvesting of the rabi crop.
For small flocks tethering for grazing on roadside communal and arable grazing land can also meet the requirement. Cut-and carry-system of top feeds is another way of maintaining the goats under such agro-climatic conditions.

Here are some of the advantages
1- Easy to Monitor and to keep the Records
2- Protection againts wild Boer, wolfes, foxes and Dogs
3- Breeding can be controlled easily
4- Manure can be easily collected which can be a source of additional income

greentreeagro

Goat/Sheep/Emu farming - Stall fed

Thanks for your response. We are happy to provide all the details and guidance for Sheep/Goat Farming.
We provide training, setup guidance for Sheep/Goat Farming.
We will supply different verities of Sheep and Goat based on your location and your local market. If you are fully interested we can start the initiative with training at our farm. We will charge Rs. 3000/- for training at our farm and it will be finished in 2 days. Once you are comfortable after the training we will plan your project to start with and we will give our support on each and every step of the process.

We will supply some of the feed for animals and you are going to produce some at your location. We use ZERO GRAZING METHOD and we provide support to make the silage at your location. Silage means CONSERVED GREEN GRASS produced by controlled Anaerobic Fermentation of a crop high in moisture content.

Please contact us for more information and to schedule your training at greentreeagro@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards,
GreenTree Agro Farms.
Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh

Email: greentreeagro@gmail.com
Web: www.greentreeagrofarms.com
Mobile Ph# 9849855305 (India)
Mobile Ph# 001 2012708648 (USA)