Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

sheep and goat farm maintainance

Register

Click Here!

syedharoon27

Hello Readers,

I have planned to start up a goat and sheep farm and constructed shed of 24x60 to store around 200 livestock. in regards with this , excluding the shed I have 1.5 acres of vacant land , I need your guidance and assistance in what kind of green fodder can I produce in the vacant land which is best suitable for the stock in both green and dry scenario.
Also I'm In the need of buying goats and sheeps of different breeds around 50-80 in nos.
Any suggestions and guidance please reply.
you can contact me @ 8892137876 to share any views and comments

write2rammy

Dear Syed,
First visit your local butchers to know the demand and breed preference. I do not know in which region you have built the goat farm. But with respect to TN, people prefer the desi breed (kodi, kanni etc). This may be bcoz of their typical taste and also because they have less fat content compared to the hybrids. So first start with only the desi breeds (no boers and their crosses). Run until you reap the first profit then you can decide if you would go for a hybrid or its cross. In case if you switch to the hybrids, you must also invest heavily on the slaughter house and marketing of the meat.

No offence to the boer growers. This is my opinion based on the information posted in various agriculture related websites and blogs.

Last edited: