Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question SandalWood Cultivation

Register

Click Here!

12farmer7

Hi,

I'm interested in Sandalwood Cultivation and looking to know more about same.
Could someone please inbox me with details if have first hand info doing, have couple of naive queries.

Thanks.

garao56

Please inform the location and number of acres of land to be brought under cultivation. For further inquiries please contact us for guidance and project reports.

G.Anandarao Rao
Vijaya Agro consultants

Last edited by a moderator:

12farmer7

Please inform the location and number of acres of land to be brought under cultivation. For further inquiries please contact us for guidance and project reports.

G.Anandarao Rao
Vijaya Agro consultants
Hi Sir,

Thanks for prompt reply.
Im considering cultivation near by Madanapalle,AP-517325 location. So far, i haven't bought any land, but have plans go for 5-10 acres.
Please let me know the kind of land i should be selecting for cultivation and if cultivation can survive in said locations climate.
Also, should i be planting host tress in advance before going for sandalwood plantation? If so, How many months before host trees needs to be planted.
Also, which would be good host plant for said location?

Regards,
Kumar.

garao56

Well drained red soil type is better. Right from seed dibbling we have to plant Redgram plant as host in the same polythene pouch till tranplantin on the main field.

G.Anandarao B.Sc(Ag)

12farmer7

Well drained red soil type is better. Right from seed dibbling we have to plant Redgram plant as host in the same polythene pouch till tranplantin on the main field.

G.Anandarao B.Sc(Ag)
Hi Sir,

Thanks for your reply.

If i would like to buy Plants from Nursery, what should be age of the plants i should go for to increase the chances of survival after plantation?
Also, after plantation in main land, which would be the best/good host? Should we plant host in advance to Sandalwood plants? if so, how long before host plantation needs to be done.

Regards,
Kumar.

shanmuga06

The healthy and very opt for planting the sandalwood will have the following conditions like one year old ,(the seed also belongs to RooT-1),the height of the sandalwood seedling will be one and feet height with black stalk rich green leaves. Any kind of cultivation as well as plantation please note the selection of seeds/seedlings vital role .
Regards,
-
A SIVAKUMAR,