Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

For Sale Sandalwood cultivation.

Register

Click Here!

shanmuga06

Now a days the sandal wood cultivation take up in Andhra ,Karnataka n little in Tamilnadu.We are having the good quality in genuine breed of Sandal wood seedlings propagated by silviculture method from well matured mother trees seeds.

For more details Plz.contact us:

A Sivakumar,
PRIYA Nursery Garden,
KARAIKUDI-630001,TN
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

rennaveen

Hi
I am Naveen from Tamilnadu, to be precise Kanchipuram, planning to plant Malia dubia / Agar and Sandalwood (Mixed) in my 3 plus acre land near by Kanchipuram. Water availability is moderate..Being new to the agriculture field, have no idea of sand type, etc.... the land was previously used to cultivate Paddy as known from the seller.... Can you flash information’s on the below to make me understand....

1. Does planting Malai Vembu and Sandal Wood works out and gives good result....
2. Any legal formalities required to register or any to be done, what papers are required...
3. Any bank loans and facilities....etc., what documents are required,
4. Any subsidies available from govt (Tamilnadu) or central for drip irrigation and planting or any...
5. In addition to the above two trees, whether i can intercrop (vegetable plants) anything for short term money outcome...
6. What would be the distance chart for planting, it would be easier for me to understand if shown in pic.
7. How many saplings are required and how much does it cost....
8. Does these trees need any care for pesticides, etc...?
9. Any support to setting up all the above and maintaining..... If so how much it will cost for the entire project and for the entire duration until I in cash out...
10. Cropping duration.
11. After cutting down the trees, how to clean the land suitable for other planting or farming or cultivating
12. Is it possible to grow medicinal plants under the shade of above planted trees as intercrops?

Think I have triggered many queries and in fact have more, expecting a good and clarifying response and support from you all experts.
Regs
Naveen. R
rennaveen@yahoo.co.in

rohanjain

The sandalwood tree can grow in almost any part of India.The sandalwood tree flourishes in regions where the climate is cool with moderate rainfall,plentiful sunshine and long periods of dry weather.The tree accept most soil types,including sandy soil and garden loam.
If you have no place to transfer the plant to,you can keep the sandalwood tree in a large container in your balcony or terrace,strip compound.

gounder28

Naveen - please see answers to your questions:

1. Does planting Malai Vembu and Sandal Wood works out and gives good result
Ans: Yes - Both are good choices. Malai Vembu will start yielding from 5th year. Basically you'll get Rs.3500/tree and if it's 7-8 years you might get Rs. 4500 to 5000/tree. As far Sandal it'll start yielding from 16th-17th year. As of today you might get Rs10,000/Kg (20 KG/tree)
2. Any legal formalities required to register or any to be done, what papers are required...
Ans: Once sapling planted you have to register with your local VAO )Village Admin Officer with your Chitta Adangal. Then you have to register with local forest office (it helps during cutting) and also local police station (need protection to plants after 10 years)
3. Any bank loans and facilities....etc., what documents are required,
Ans: As i know there is NO Bank loans but you can get free (or Rs 20)saplings from Govt Agriculture universities or forest offices. Also you can get saplings from Nurseries (make sure you consult with experienced people - vendor might sell duplicates) and each might cost you Rs 80-100.
4. Any subsidies available from govt (Tamilnadu) or central for drip irrigation and planting or any...
Ans: Yes - lots of subsides offered by TN Govt. Contact your local Agri Officer.
5. In addition to the above two trees, whether i can intercrop (vegetable plants) anything for short term money outcome...
Ans: As intercrop (udupayir) you can focus on Taiwan Pink Koya, Vaalai, Kuchikilangu or melagu) all these yield good revenues
6. What would be the distance chart for planting, it would be easier for me to understand if shown in pic.
Ans: For sandal tree 10FT between tress and Malaivembu 5-6 FT between trees
7. How many saplings are required and how much does it cost....
Ans: You can plant 400-450 trees (One acre is 4000 sq meters or 43560 sq feet)
8. Does these trees need any care for pesticides, etc...?
Ans: Dont think about chemical fertilizers use (ஜீவாமிர்தம், பஞ்சகவ்யம்). Check youtube how to make it.
9. Any support to setting up all the above and maintaining..... If so how much it will cost for the entire project and for the entire duration until I in cash out...
Ans: Reach out to Sidhar Ezhumalai (search in youtube). He will guide you with End to End.
10. Cropping duration.
Ans: Mnimum 16-17 years for decent returns.
11. After cutting down the trees, how to clean the land suitable for other planting or farming or cultivating
Ans: that you'll learn along the way of farming.
12. Is it possible to grow medicinal plants under the shade of above planted trees as intercrops?
Ans: Try Aloe Vera (there are buyback options).

Hope this help. For further details reach out to me

Nandri
Gounder Ayya

Last edited by a moderator: