Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Wanted Sandalwood (Chandan) plantation

Register

Click Here!

nareshpat

I am from village Badalpar, Taluka Rapar, Distt-Kutchh, Gujrat.

I want to plantation of chandan in my farm

Please help us.

Last edited by a moderator:

vrikshaay

I am from village Badalpar, Taluka Rapar, Distt-Kutchh, Gujrat.

I want to plantation of chandan in my farm

Please help us.
Please don't be fooled by anyone of those trying to sell Sandalwood saplings. Kutchh is not an area where Sandalwood will grow in normal conditions of Kutchh. Understand: Sandalwood or White Sandalwood (Santalum album) is a tree of the evergreen forests, mainly found in Western Ghats forests (South India), Malaysian and Indonesian forests etc. It will not grow on its own because it is a root parasite: it has to take nutrients from the roots of other trees around. So, it grows well only in forest condition with lot of trees around, so that its roots can pierce the root of other trees and take nutrients. That too, its root can't pierce roots of all trees because roots of most trees are very hard. So its roots will try to pierce tree roots that are soft. So, it will need lot of soft root trees around for its growth. So, if you are ready to develop your land into a real forest, then you can consider Sandalwood as one of the forest trees you can cultivate. Otherwise, forget about Sandalwood in Kutchh. If you need any further details, see our earlier posts about this subject in this site. If you need any further assistance or want to discuss other options like high value medicinal plants, please click on our name > start conversation, and send a private conversation with your contact details and matters you want to discuss with us.

garao56

The sandal wood plants grow in well drained red solls and also under forest conditions . Please inform the type of land you are going to plan for plantation