Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Sandal Wood / Teak Plantation

Register

Click Here!

bhanupatil

This is Banuprakash from Davangere, Karnataka. I need to know, how may sandal wood or teak sapling's planted in an acre of land...
I also need to know whether I can do this plantationthem in black cotton soil.
Please guide me with these...
Regards,
Banuprakash

suryanarmada

Dear Sir,

Teak plantation can be laid with an initial spacing of 2x2 m. After some years cut down the plants inbetween and allow the spacing 0f 4 x 4 m and you can get a small income from the cut down plants.

Or else you can go for 3x3m spacing.

Sandal wood cultivation - Normal spacing 8 X 8 m. But before planting sandal wood kindly check with the Government Policy of your State for cultivation Sandal wood.

Regards
Surya Narmada
Horticulture/Agriculture Arbitration Consultant

thirpaaa66

Teak and Sandal wood sapling in Tamilnadu

hi,
Can you please let me know, where can i get the Teak and Sandal wood sapling in Tamilnadu and what is the cost per sapling. And also know Tamilnadu government policies allows to grow sandal wood trees in agricultural land.

Thanks & Regards,
Thiru

shanmuga06

Teak/Sandalwood cultivation

sir,

The black cotton and clay soil are not suitable for any kind of tree plantations.If you do in clay and black cotton soils i think you are wasting your time and money.Regarding teak plantations kindly opt for Tissue culture teak saplings.Tissue culture teak saplings grow very rapidly.The growth rate of TC teak will be minimum 10 to 12 feet per year.on completion sixth year the girth of TC Teak tree will be minimum 32 inches.On completion of tenth year TC teak will ready for harvest or if you like to grow more years.By planting tissue cultutre teak tree will gives some assured income on completion of tenth year.This will not possible in roots/stumps teak plantations.

As per sandalwood cultivation the redsoil is the important factor.Water souce will be required .I think in india there is no restriction in sandalwood cultivation.Because the Govt of india passed an ordinace to cultivate the sandalwood in private patta lands in the year of 2002.But during the harvest period wemust get cutting order for sandalwood.This is a standing order for all kind of tree plantation i.e eugaliptus to samnbdalwood .
we can plant 500 saplings in acre in the spacing of 10 feet.And also we must plant hosting tree plants to provide nitrozen to sandalwood because sandalwwood is a semiparasite tree.The sandalwood tree dnt intake the nitroze n from the soil indepentnatly.its allways depends other nitrozen fixing trees like casurina,pungamia pinata,slikcotton,gmelina arborea,neem,sesbania grandiflora,pithoglobium anf ficus.

we wiil supply tissue culture teak and sandalwood seedlings as per your requirements.

For more details plz contact us;

A Sivakumar
Priya Nursery Garden,
KARAIKUDI-630001
+91 943080275
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

ankur_685

Dear Sri Bhanuprakash,
We have made trials of cltivating Nilamboor Teak with different spacing & intercrops. You can visit our farm & nursery located 40 kms from Shimoga and know the different advantages. We prepare sandalwood seedlings and plants of nilambur teak from cuttings.
With regards,

Ananyhamurthy Javali
Ankur Nursery
RIPPONPETE-577426
Shimoga district
Karnataka
phone: 08185 242685/ 0 9448554514
email:ankur.685@gmail.com