Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Regarding diary farms

Register

Click Here!

Hello,
now i'm working as a engineer in bangalore company. i wish to start a diary farms business in tamilnadu in small level. for that , i have talked to my dialy milk vendor. first, i'll start with 2 or 3 cows. i'm going to be a passive partner of about 40(me):60(him) partnership.
My questions are:
01) for every law there will be a loop hole. if this is good plan,what could be the loop hole for it?
02) what are the ways that he clould cheat me?
03)is it so?, how to rectify those faults/loopholes?

kirti s

Hello sir,
Since you are passive partner 1. try to become active partner by engaging one person whom you believe to work with your partner
2.maintain proper inventory of inputs purchased and their dispersol and milk per day/cow proper
documentation.
3. Open a joint account and insist all the payments and receipts should be made through cheque

above one thousound.
4.Receipts should also be through cheque.

5. You check the details written surprisingly. but even after all these documents he can cheat to some extent since you are not involved directly some risk you have to bare and engaging person from your side you can minimize the loss to some extent.

jothisudha

Dear sir,
My name is Sudharsan from kanchipuram district tamilnadu i am having farm land and cultivating vegetables presently
I proposal to start my own diary farm .with 4 or 5 cows. if your interested i will join with u pl replay

with regards
S.Sudharsan

Dear Sir,
Do not try to venture into any business without getting to know about it ,especially when you are going to be a silent partner ,, In case you are still planning for a partnership with what ever ratio you had decided kindly have proper partnership deed with the following points
1. Investment by each parties
2. At what ratio you are planning to split the profits .
3. Since you are looking for a working partner ,what is the salary component which he is looking at as he is also investing and managing the business.
4. Preferably current account should have joint signing facility for withdrawal or transfers.
5. In case of any loss which is incurred out of the business what should be the share of loss to each parties .
6. also incorporate the feedback given by Mr,Kirti.
7. Would recommend you to take the help of an auditor for financial's.

Above all kindly have a partnership with some one whom you have trust and confidence , because by having doubt on the other partner you may not be successful in any business .

Wishing you success in you new venture.

vinayakatvm

Dairy Farming - Things to note for beginners

Hello,

Anything that comes out of a cow is money.Let it be dung, urine or milk.

The danger here is if you are not there physically then:

1. Chances of getting cheated is there by the partner/employees as the feed given to the cow or milk given by the cow - for both these items there is no recording or documentation. So you will be forced to believe what he says.
2. Partnership's normally ends in problems. If your partner is a well known person to you, then its ok. If not in your absence, somebody, a trusted member must supervise daily activities in the farm.
3. You can sell milk as fresh milk to get maximum revenue. Fresh milk has got more demand than milk available in packets. Try making dung powder and sell it to farmers nearby or make vermi compost using earthworms wherein you add more value to the dung plus the green waste / vegetable waste available there needed to make good compost. If possible try making curd, wherein you will be able to get more money. You can try selling butter, ghee etc.
4.For a small venture like 3-5 cows, i don't recommend partnership. Finance available from all nationalized banks - agri finance. Select good breeds to get more production. Feeding is very important. Similarly care for the cattle like De-worming, Vaccination etc has to be given at the correct time. Keep in touch with the nearest veterinarian. All the best.

Sri Vinayaka Agencies
Trivandrum

Hello,
now i'm working as a engineer in bangalore company. i wish to start a diary farms business in tamilnadu in small level. for that , i have talked to my dialy milk vendor. first, i'll start with 2 or 3 cows. i'm going to be a passive partner of about 40(me):60(him) partnership.
My questions are:
01) for every law there will be a loop hole. if this is good plan,what could be the loop hole for it?
02) what are the ways that he clould cheat me?
03)is it so?, how to rectify those faults/loopholes?