Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Rabbit farming

Register

Click Here!

skrai

RABBIT FARMING IS DONE BY SOME BIG FARMERS IN MAHARASTRA,ANDHRA,TAMIL NADU ,NOW THERE IS NEGATIVE REPORT ABOUT ITS MARKETING,Small farmers who start with one two,three units etc fall in traps of Buy back,they are not able to market their products
Big farmers in various States Supply one unit of 7 female ,3 male at very high price of 16,000/- to even 30,000/- and promise buy back but within a year these farmer disappear , and poor farmer is left with no option

biofarming

Rabbit farm

Yes ,agree big rabbit farmer supply unit (7 female,3 male) at high price of 20,000/- per unit with promise of buy back , Poor farmers is get cheated in many case found in Pune etc.

rajeevpal

Rabbit farm

I have seen a rabbit farm in M.P. Near Bhopal , he is doing it successfully having no problem like marketing at all,actually rabbit farming is in new development,it is bound to grow in future,its meat is of superior quality
Unit price will come down as the number of new farms will come up

javid1

Regards an International Exhibiton

Dear Sir,

It Regards an International Exhibiton of Agritech Bangladesh, from April 4 - 6 2010, in Dhaka Sheraton hotel. Bangaldesh.

we are inviting you to participate in this exhibition

with best regards

Y.Syed Javid Ahmed
Exponet Exhibition
Chennai
Please contact........

Last edited by a moderator:

skrai

Exhibition at Dhaka

Dear Mr Javid1,

Who are the participants in the exhibition,Is Rabbit farming is one of focus in this Exhibition?
If the exhibition is in Bangladesh ,then we Indian shall need passport,visa etc to participate there

regards
S.K.RAI

swati_r

Rabbit farm

I would like to tell health benefit of Rabbit meat and rabbit farming--

• Rabbit meat has been recommended for special diets such as for heart disease patients, diets for the elderly whose metabolism has slowed and digestion is compromised due to illness or life stage, low sodium diets, and weight reduction diets. Because it is easily digested, it has been recommended by doctors for patients who have trouble eating other meats.
• As the world’s human population grows there will be less land to raise food. The rabbit will play a more increasing role in this supply. It is a sustainable, wholesome food that does not tax the land they are raised on.
• Rabbits are raised up off the ground and are one of the cleanest animals produced as meat. Due to being raised off the ground, rabbits do not even need to be wormed, thus an addition medication scratched from the “necessary” list!
• Rabbits do not need medications to stay healthy! Many large rabbitries administer a prophylactic dose of antibiotics, as noted in several how to books on rabbit raising. I have raised the current herd I have for 4 years without any antibiotics at all! If one of the rabbits falls ill, necessitating antibiotics, they are culled before the illness becomes a problem. It is a harsh method, but a sane one from an exposure to illness and medication standpoint.
• Rabbits are among the most productive of domestic livestock. Making them efficient sources of food for an ever increasing population with diminishing resources.
*Rabbits will produce 6 pounds of meat on the same feed and water as a cow will produce 1 pound of meat on the same feed and water.

The Health Benefits of Eating Rabbit :
Nutritional Value of Commonly Eaten Meats
Meat Type % Protein % Fat Calories per lb.
Rabbit 20.8 4.5 795
Veal 19.1 12.0 840
Chicken 20.0 17.9 810
Turkey 20.1 20.0 1,190
Lamb 15.7 27.7 1,420
Beef 16.3 28.0 1,440
Duck 16.0 28.6 1,015
Pork 11.9 45.0 2,050

Regards

Swati Rana

Last edited:

Hi for you info,
Backyard Rabbit Farming project of the University of Agricultural Sciences (UAS) Veterinary College, Bangalore, has caught on some districts in Karnataka. The developed world recommends rabbit meat for its low fat content and easy to cook features.

In the wake of its diet benefits, the Union government through the department of Biotechnology has launched the two-year rural backyard rabbit farming project in UAS Veterinary College, Bangalore, for the first-time in the country with a funding of Rs 17 lakh.

The scheme is particularly targeted at those below the poverty line and the beneficiaries are mainly women who are identified through the Sree Shaktis. Under the Backyard Rabbit Farming project, UAS provides four rabbits and train the people in their management including its health related problems. The training which is imparted at the doorstep of the beneficiaries covers rabbit dressing for broiler rabbits and use of its skin for commercial purposes, Dr Y B Rajeshwari, principal investigator, small animals, UAS Veterinary College told Food & Beverage News.

According to UAS, rearing larger animals like cattle, sheep and pigs is tough primarily because graze lands are shrinking. The smallest recommended rabbit farm housing 10 females and two males requires an investment of Rs 72, 000.

Rabbits are micro livestock. Being small in size it is both economical and easy to rear in limited space.

A crucial affordable factor is its feed which consists of grass, plant roots and kitchen waste.

The rabbit meat is in demand because of its high nutritious content, low fat and being non-fibrous, making it easy to cook. The Karnataka government also has a rabbit farm at Hessarghatta maintaining its parent stock. In the last one decade, broiler rabbits have almost doubled. The annual growth of the broiler rabbit in Karnataka is around 40%. UAS officials opine that a lot more needs to be done to popularise rabbit rearing because many are not aware of the advantages of this business.

vijaykj

RABBIT FARMING IS a paying thing for all ,small or big farmers, i am a small farmer in bhopal and i am doing good in it.

maddy1

Hey guys I started rabbit farming In August 2012, due to other commitments i'am planning to sell the entire set up, currently i have 120 breeder(Meat & Lab) rabbits with 1:3 ratio and 80 baby rabbits, any body interested to buy with set up contact Manjunath 9739009388 r manjunath2411@gmail.com
Dear All,

Rabbits and Bunnies for Sale

Our Rabbit Farms is located in Bangalore North, Karnataka. We have all types of Rabbit Breeds, which are supplied for Breeding, Meat and Lab Testing.

If required Rabbits or Bunnies, Consultancy regarding Rabbit Farms, please feel to contact us.

Regards,

maddy1

Hey guys I started rabbit farming In August 2012, due to other commitments i'am planning to sell the entire set up, currently i have 120 breeder(Meat & Lab) rabbits with 1:3 ratio and 80 baby rabbits, any body interested to buy with set up contact Manjunath

Our Rabbit Farms is located in Bangalore North, Karnataka. We have all types of Rabbit Breeds, which are supplied for Breeding, Meat and Lab Testing.

If required Rabbits or Bunnies, Consultancy regarding Rabbit Farms, please feel to contact us.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

agrofarm

Hey guys I started rabbit farming In August 2012, due to other commitments i'am planning to sell the entire set up, currently i have 120 breeder(Meat & Lab) rabbits with 1:3 ratio and 80 baby rabbits, any body interested to buy with set up contact Manjunath

Regards,

Dear Mr Manjunath

We are interested if this is High breed Rabbit ( Name (Kind) of the Breeds)
what i understand is that you have 120 breeding pair and 80 baby Rabbits
what is ( Meat & Lab) rabbit with 1:3 ratio...

Please give clarification and details of the entire setup and your best price.

Please mark a mail to thejumathew@gmail.com, we are from Tamilnadu Tirunelveli

Regards
Mathew

kavundan

Dear Sir,

I would like to start a small rabbit farm in my farm at Tirunelveli. what would be the cost of setup along with the rabbits. what is the food I have to cultivate in my farm for the rabbits. Expecting your reply on kavundan@hotmail.com

Your Truly
Sebastian Peter

rahulrd

Dear Sir,

My self Rahul from Bangalore .i planning to start rabbit farming. Please let me know how much capital we need to start a small scale rabbit farm . Is this legal in india and how are the profits. Or please drop a mail dev_605@yahoo.co.in

Thanks,
Rahul

Last edited: