Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Purchase of agricultural Land by a non agriculturist

Register

Click Here!

sprabhu78

I am not an agriculturist. (I am in Karnataka) But interested in Agriculture. (my father or his father do not own agricultural Land). I have seen some land which I liked. Can I buy them in my name and use it for Agriculture. Is there any legal difficulties.

My Father owns a land for which conversion is already done. When my father bought a land it was told the land shall be converted first otherwise registration cant happen since he is not a agriculturist.

Please let me know if a non agriculturist can buy and start the agricultural activity.

Regards

Suresha Prabhu

balaji1997

suresh i too sial in same boat as you if you get any clarify on your question please forward to me . i too looking for agricultural land around bangalore /hosur/krishnagiri if u find any one please let me know

Last edited by a moderator:

bchangela1

The revenue rules varies from state to state. My father was a agriculture land holder till 1998. We sold all agriculture land due to circumstances. Here in Gujarat the rule is like that one can purchase Agriculture land only within six months from date of sale of Agri land. After that he can not become land holder.

However, he can become farmer, if he cultivate the land of any land holder, by entering his name as farmer (not as owner, but the cultivator) in land revenue record form no 7/12.

prash9899

Dear Suresh,

Thats the sad part,farmers are not interested to do their farming full fledged.If people from city try to do the same so many legal hurdles.

My best advice is still u can proceed if u r ready to shell some money. It depends in which district u r planning to buy land u can easily get some brokers who will get it done for u.

I have land in hassan district mainly arsikereif ur looking at that part only let me know will help u by getting contacts of concerned
Please contact..

Last edited by a moderator:

syndicate

Dear Mr Suresha - I am also sailing on the same boat , I am also interested to purchase agri land in karanataka and want to do agriculture but i am not from a agriculture fambily
Kindly let me know if you get any information about the same.
Sashikumar
Syndicate member

alpha449

Non Agriculturist in Karnataka can buy Agricultural Land

Sir u need not be so disheartened if you have a passion forAgriculture.
I advise u to go the legal way without cutting any corners as u may risk your entire investment as the penalty is very stringent under 79Aand B of the Karnataka land reforms Act.
I advise u to get into an 'Agreement of Sale' to purchase land from an agriculturist and present the same to the AC [assistant commissioner] of that particular District with an application seeking special permission to take up Agriculture as a profession and to carry out the same in a scientific way.
In most cases permission is given but the catch being u cant sell that bit of land for 4 years.
Never make the mistake of buying land from a SC or ST class as it will be impounded and returned to them.
Best of Luck