Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Public Ignorance of Scientific Facts

Register

Click Here!

subhapuri

The general misconceptions regarding Endosulfan include that it causes cancer, birth defects, reproductive disorders and endocrine disruption. However, all relevant scientific data pertaining to its safety has been blocked out by media.

Science Clears Endosulfan: However, the chemical properties of Endosulfan have been proved without a doubt. For instance, it has been certified by WHO and Food & Agriculture Organisation (FAO) to not cause cancer, birth defects or any hormonal imbalance on contact. It is also the opinion of the International Agency for Research on Cancer (a body of WHO); UN Environment Programme; International Labour Organisation and the US Environmental Protection Agency (US-EPA) and California Department of Pesticide Registration, that Endosulfan has no carcinogenic potential. In 1998, evaluations of Endosulfan by WHO/FAO/Joint Meeting on Pesticide Residues (JMPR) have revealed that no genotoxic activity was observed in tests for mutagenecity and clastogenecity. They also stressed that no evidence was found to prove estrogenic activity involving Endosulfan. Additionally, in 2007, US-EPA established that Endosulfan is not an anti-androgen and does not affect sperm production, sperm count, motility, etc.

Degradable and Bio-degradable: In 1988, Endosulfan was reclassified by the WHO as ‘sulfurous ester of a chlorinated cyclic diol.’ An important feature of this molecule is its sulphur ring that makes it degradable as well as bio-degradable by bacteria. Environmental persistence is measured in terms how long it takes half the pesticide in soil to disintegrate, after which it loses efficacy. A pesticide with a half-life of more than 180 days is considered persistent. Endosulfan degrades between 20 and 70 days under tropical conditions. The tests that determined persistence were conducted in regions with colder climates in order to show an excess of 180 days. Clearly, this is not representative of the climate that may be experienced in most parts of the world, and more so in the tropical developing nations where it is widely used... another imperialist ploy by Europe to manipulate global chemical trade.

There is no proof of Endosulfan ever harming human health by use or through food as has been confirmed by several government studies conducted in India.

hmpo

Thank you, is endosulfan a health drink? What is the recommended dose, and what dose are you currently taking?

shabhava

Please visit areas near kasaragod.. that is border villages in Kerala & Karnataka..U will know the exact facts about Endosulfan....

hmpo

Just do a "MSDS endosulfan" google search, MSDS is Material Safety Data Sheet, and you will understand the risks in handling and using the material. If you are still not convinced, please go and personally help farmers spray the pesticide, so that you can become the "guru of endosulfan spraying", there is nothing greater and more convincing than setting a personal example.

subhapuri

I wouldn't call myself to be less knowledgeable. I have my enough research to this topic. Looking at the fight for power in global industry, I would not believe the convenient searches on google.

I feel experience of people is whats matters in case of endosulfan.

Try and make a simple logic to this issue..Why do we find victims only from Kerala?

I have been to so many farms in Maharashtra. Why din't I find even one person with any deformities even close to those in Kerala.

If you feel that the pesticide is so harmful, then answer this to me
---

"THE WAY THAT SEEMS RIGHT,BUT ENDS IN DEATH"

nachimuthu

Humble request

sir,
Even after a through Research about a Globally Banned most vulnerable Toxic Pesticide which had caused enough irreversible damage to the Humble society by gifting the large Human Population with today's Most Chronic ailments like Diabetics,BP,Allergies and so many other consequential damages etc which are also clinically found and accepted by so many researchers has vouched for it and then only subsequently 90% of the nations banned (If I am correct only India and China has not yet Banned the use and production) you are deliberately supporting makes us to doubt that you may be a paid propagandist for the company.
Anyway My friend Please dont spread a false trust or opinion about the chemical with those people having not enough knowledge about the same.
It will become a great sin to you and your heirs.
yours truly,
Nachimuthu
I wouldn't call myself to be less knowledgeable. I have my enough research to this topic. Looking at the fight for power in global industry, I would not believe the convenient searches on google.

I feel experience of people is whats matters in case of endosulfan.

Try and make a simple logic to this issue..Why do we find victims only from Kerala?

I have been to so many farms in Maharashtra. Why din't I find even one person with any deformities even close to those in Kerala.

If you feel that the pesticide is so harmful, then answer this to me
---

"THE WAY THAT SEEMS RIGHT,BUT ENDS IN DEATH"

subhapuri

sir,
Even after a through Research about a Globally Banned most vulnerable Toxic Pesticide which had caused enough irreversible damage to the Humble society by gifting the large Human Population with today's Most Chronic ailments like Diabetics,BP,Allergies and so many other consequential damages etc which are also clinically found and accepted by so many researchers has vouched for it and then only subsequently 90% of the nations banned (If I am correct only India and China has not yet Banned the use and production) you are deliberately supporting makes us to doubt that you may be a paid propagandist for the company.
Anyway My friend Please dont spread a false trust or opinion about the chemical with those people having not enough knowledge about the same.
It will become a great sin to you and your heirs.
yours truly,
Nachimuthu

Please don't change my gender Nachi and please try formatting small statements...will help us understanding your view better.

I would have been more than happy to accept your request had you replied to my question.

I am not really convinced with the fact the 60 countries have banned it and India has not...this is like going with the mass opinion and not being rationale.

Farmers say Endosulfan is safe but the media doesn't find that a suitable voice to be reported in this case..strange, isn't it?

Lets not forget endosulfan is a pesticide, if used carelessly can cause damage. However, this stands true to everything. The product is not to be blamed for it.

You mite not have the answer to my question, but I do have it. Check it here:

Why Ban Endosulfan: Effects of Endosulfan