Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Pomegranate

Register

Click Here!

Ashwini

HI HArish

You can approach the DD, Horticulture Chikballapura. There are farmers who are doing very well in pomegranate and will be able to share with you the proiject details both economically and technically.

REgards
Ashwini S

keerthigowda

Dear Ashwini,

I am planning for Pomegranate in 11 Acres. My land is in Malavally. Kindly help me assist whom do I approach here

Regards

kirti s

Hello Keerthi gowda
First and foremost tell me what made u to think of pomegranate as your main crop.
Pomegranate grows well under semi-arid conditions and can be grown upto an altitude of 500 m. above m.s.l. It thrives well under hot, dry summer and cold winter provided irrigation facilities are available.

***The tree requires hot and dry climate during fruit development and ripening.

Whereby the major commercial crops grown in ur area are sugar cane and oil seeds.

Coconut is the major plantation crop grown in the taluk.

Mango, banana, sapota, watermelon are the major fruit crops and

tomato, brinjal, onion, gourd varieties, cucumber, ladys finger, green chillies beans are the major vegetables grown in ur area.

In Pomegrantae nowadays ‘Bhagawa’ variety of pomegranate is presently under commercial cultivation.
This variety matures in 180-190 days with average yield of 30.38 kg fruits/tree. Bigger fruit size, sweet, bold and attractive arils, glossy, very attractive saffron coloured thick skin makes it suitable for distant markets. This variety was found less susceptible to fruit spots and thrips as compared to other varieties of pomegranate.

It has no incidence of cracking of fruits.

This variety gives high yield (30-40 kg/tree) in case of better management