Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

pomegranate plants

Register

Click Here!

navtej81

hi..
i am looking to plant pomegranates on my 50 acre farm in madhya pradesh...i wanted to buy the plants from rahuri,but after thorough search i have come to know that there is a major problem of bacterial blight disease in this area...most of the nurseries are facing this problem....so from where should i purchase the plants?should i go in for tissue culture plants or normal nursery plants?what are the positives and negatives of both(tissue culture&nursery plants)...kindly guide me properly as i am about to purchase the plants at the earliest as i have purchased the land and i want to start at the earliest....also what all can be done to prevent the orchard from getting affected by major diseases such as bacterial blight disease,fruit fly or moth and other major diseases....what are the steps to be taken effectively for maintaining good health of the plants?
kindly help me with these queries at the earliest....

warm regards,
navtej singh

kirti s

hello sir

Bhagva would be a good variety for you to grow.
Tissue culture method of production- the plant is in a sterile environment using the tissue, seed, or cuttings.
The cuttings are the best way to keep the properties of the original cultivars.

for reputed nurseries to buy saplings contact
Pushplata Nursery & Meher Krishi Farm
Maukhas, Garh Road,
Meerut, Uttar Pradesh - 250002, India
Mobile :+91-9557238020

first and foremost see that soil health is improved to control any problem either in the soil or in the plant. This kind of practice not only increases soil and environment health, but also reduces production cost along with pest and disease control.

Simple way to detect the bacterial blight disease is when a Y shaped crack appears on the fruit.
Black spots and decaying leaves.
Black spots on stem with an oozing type wound leading to a dead arm.

To control bacterial blight pls follow the below.
Cleanliness – to reduce inoculum
Fertilization – to keep the pomegranate healthy through organic manure.
Scheduled sprays for disease control – to control the growth of the bacteria.

Sprays
Prophyalexin 3 Ml + Cop-E 0.4 Gm – Per litre of water
R. B. Bordo 2.5 Gm + Sulfer 2 Gm – Per litre of water
Prophyalexin 3 Ml + PMBS 2.5 Gm – Per litre of water
Xanthonashak 0.5 Gm + R. B. Bordo 2.5 Gm – Per litre of water
• Pseudo-FL 5 2 Ml + 5 Litres of Milk – Per litre of water

Dilip Deshmukh

Dear Mr. Navtej Singh,

We have successfully developed Pomegranate Orchard in MP and can supply you the plants. Please contact us at
'growtech-pune@hotmail.com.

Dilip Deshmukh

padmanabhan_ganesan

hi..
i am looking to plant pomegranates on my 50 acre farm in madhya pradesh...i wanted to buy the plants from rahuri,but after thorough search i have come to know that there is a major problem of bacterial blight disease in this area...most of the nurseries are facing this problem....so from where should i purchase the plants?should i go in for tissue culture plants or normal nursery plants?what are the positives and negatives of both(tissue culture&nursery plants)...kindly guide me properly as i am about to purchase the plants at the earliest as i have purchased the land and i want to start at the earliest....also what all can be done to prevent the orchard from getting affected by major diseases such as bacterial blight disease,fruit fly or moth and other major diseases....what are the steps to be taken effectively for maintaining good health of the plants?

warm regards,
navtej singh
Hi Navtej Singh,

Having a 50 acre farm and going for only one crop is a disaster waiting to happen. Diversify atleast to few crops according to your requirements and help yourselves.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan
Agriculture for Everybody

holalu

hi..

warm regards,
navtej singh
going with single crop is always danger. ask some sustainable farming experts for solution

details.............

Sustainable Farming

sushil528

pampgranet

Respected sir,
i am sushil patil from jalgaon distict of maharashtra state we are poroviding pamogranet tisuue culture plants as well as all the information about pamogranet. here in my are there is losts of pamo plots planted which youre also studid ar see all them .
i am give direction to the farmers from the DEVAS distic MP
fill free to contact.
Thaanks
sushil patil
spatil_528@yahoo.in
hi..

warm regards,
navtej singh

shanmuga06

We are having the virus free pomegranate saplings promoted from existing "Bahawa"variety.We have eliminated drawbacks in existing Bahawa and added some salient features like more female flowers for high yield, the size of the fruit will be bigger than existing Bahawa I.e minimum 600 grams and maximum 750 grams.The eye catching rich red colour kernels inside aswellas as fruit also.the taste of the fruit will be very sweeter than existing Bahawa with more juicey content and opt for export.Totally our pomegranate variety will tolerate the bacterial blight and virus.Our variety is named as "Bahawa Giant Nandhini"

For more details plz.contact us:

A Sivakumar,
Priya Nursery Garden,
Karaikudi-630001,TN
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

masemari

Better to prefer air layered plant...

Dear Sir,

It is always better to prefer the air layered plant over the tissue cultured one because
1. pOmogranate plant is most heavily infected by pests and diseases. To fight with these biotic calamities trees with good resistance powers are proving very beneficial. As tissue culture plants are having very low interal resistance or weak immune system they succumbs to disease attack early. In that case natural air layered plants performs better.
However Tissue culture plant can give you uniform size and quality fruit. Still you prefer air layered plant
Rest is about the bacterial wilt or oily spot disease.
In Maharashtra the problem is more or less severe at all places. However you have to trust some one and buy good quality disease free plants
Also by following good cultivation practices with use of recent bactericides with recommonded schedule can keep all these disease away. Among this 2 bromo 2 nitro diole is proved best in controlling the oily spot.
With proper nutrient support backed with accurate plant protection schedule good quality pomogranate can be grown
If you need any further assistance you can contact on masemari@gmail.com

hi.

warm regards,
navtej singh

sachinp

hi..

warm regards,
navtej singh
Dear Mr.Navtej Singh

Greetings from SAP Agro Services,

We can give you proper and step by step solution to 50 Ac farm for High yield and getting return shortly.
Few ac of land go for Pomegranate Bhagva. We have own farm where you can see and select plants as desired and free from TELYA
(Bactrial Blight) soil borne fungi. We are team of professionals give you practical approch solution to diversification and mix or other cropping idea. Kindly put email sachinp125@yahoo.com. Thers is huge scope for fruit plantation in MP.

Thanks
Sachin Palkar
MSc (Horticulture)

9amitm

You can contact Jain Irrigation, Jalgaon for tissue culture plants. The mother plants in Rahuri University are also free from disease.