Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Polyhouse vs Greenhouse farming

Register

Click Here!

I am a newbie in the field of horticulture. While going through this site, I came across the term "Polyhouse farming". Can someone please help me understand the difference between Polyhouse and Greenhouse from the following viewpoints?

1. Types of crops that can be grown profitably in each. (exotic or regular)
2. Available Subsidies for each type.
3. Initial investment & setup costs for each.
4. Maintenance costs for each.

Thanking you in advance for your time and response.

kirti s

Poly house

Dear sir,
Difference between Poly house and Green house, green house is broad term and polyhouse is one type of green house made out of polyethylene, it can also be with wood called Lath house and with Glass it is called green house.

Cost of green house ranges from Rs.70/ sq feet to Rs.700/Sq feet depending on the amount of enviornment control u are looking for.

Crops suitable are:- crops with low volume and high value ex.Rose,Carnation,Capsicum strowberry etc
Mango and citrus and other high volume croms cant be grown area taken is more and less productivity.

Subsidy: are provided by National Horticulture Mission and National Horticulture board ols visit nearest horticulture department.

Maintance depend on the amount of enviornmental control, crop u are planning and also covering material used, wood may lossed with in three yrs. any details further pls mail to natflori@gmail.com

Regards

Kirti Naik

Thank you for such an informative explanation, Kirti. This is going to help me decided on my next steps. I will keep in touch with you as my plan shapes up.

polyexpert

Absolutely wrong answer.
Polythene house is called polyhouse, wooden is called lath, using glass its called glass house.
Bt each n evry 1 is called green house, when u plant crops until then ,they r jst poly,lath n glass houses.
After plantatation u can say evry house a green house.

polyexpert

B4 starting the business.
Points to look up are:
1. Type of soil
2.pH,EC and nutritional test of soil.
3.Type of water
4.pH , EC of water.
5.humidity test of air.
6.humidity of soil.
7.temperature differences n changes.

By considering these points.
Crop selection shd b done.
For more accuracy seasons n festivals can make any1 rich.
Market survey shd b ur 1st priority b4 starting the business.

polyexpert

Thank you for such an informative explanation, Kirti. This is going to help me decided on my next steps. I will keep in touch with you as my plan shapes up.

Its easy to build everything whatever cost may b.
Bt farming n maintainence is more harder .
For 1 acre polyhouse ull need 6-8 Workers depending upon crop.
Dat means 40-50000 labour cost monthly
Means 6Lac annually .
Fertigation and electricity n other expenses are upto 5-6lac per anually.
Total 10-12 lac maintainence cost u hav to bear each year.
So b4 Starting u hav 2 b very clear wht r u doing.

anttal

where i contact for polyhouse set up i need your help what is the procedure for that

Last edited:

pramoliya

Get millions of revenue by contract farming. Cultivate to herbal medicinal product. Such as aloe vera, kalmegh, white musli, shatavari, chicory, brahmi, asalo, jivanti, lemongrass, basil and many more. Information will be provided from plantation to selling. Open the link below for more information. https://goo.gl/XVDeLC