Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Pig Farms in India/Consultancy needed

Register

Click Here!

rrsingh

Dear Mr. Sathiaseelan,

My name is Rohit Singh and I reside in Berkeley, California in the US. I have access to a vacant piece of land (23 acres) in NCR area of New Delhi. My partner in India and I want to start a commercial pig farm there. I was wondering if you know of someone who can offer consulting service in this matter. I saw the information you provided on the thread with precise numbers etc. and I find it impressive. Would it be wise to get loans from the co-operative or other banks or self financing is the best way to go? Should we get the seedlings in India or import from the States or any other country? I am told that the Agriculture university of Hissar (Haryana) is one of the best source for pig seedlings. We are interested in doing free-range and organic pig farming if it is possible at all in India at the present moment. Please get back to me at your earliest. Regards.

RRS

peter m

Dear RRS,

Before you get into the activity please pay proper attention to the following details :-(sometimes take for granted)
1)Government survey of your land
2)Proper boundary
3)Licences required for such an activity....Pollution ,Gram Panchayat,Water and air hazard clearance,Local tehsildar office etc
4)Waste water dispossal system
5)Clearance from any dams nearby
6)Solid waste dispossal system
7)Confidence and support of neighbours.

We have had a major disaster because of the above and had to shift 2000 plus animals.Our complete infrastructure is lying abandonned including drainage systes ,80000 sq ft of sheds,bio gas plants,ponds,etc etc etc
Would not want anyone to go through the same.

By the way we breed yorkshire,landrace and duroc.
Best Wihes,
Peter

suren20

We can help

Dear Sir,
We can help you in setting up a "Pig farm".I am from bangalore.If you are interested then we can talk about commercials.

Thank you
Suren

nisarg_farming

Hello sir good to see your intrest in pig farmng.we nisarg animal farming pvt ltd.working in the field of pigs farming in all over india we can help you in a commercial farm and we are haveing our own commercial farm in maharastra.we provide animal feed,vet doctor team,insurance of the animal,shade contruction and all consultancy and the marketing of the product.
you can contact please......

Last edited by a moderator:

Trace mineralised salt lick

Dear sir

Star Lick provide minerals for the individual need of your animal.The productivity of ruminant animals such as cattle, buffaloes and goats is severely constrained by poor mineral nutrition which restrict growth and reproductive rates, and contribute to a high economic loss in flocks and herds. One very effective method that addresses mineral deficiency is mineral block.

Salt, minerals both are indispensable for good health and high productivity. Each animal has an individual salt and mineral requirement, which is dependent on large number of factors: body weight and growth rate, age, pregnancy, lactation phase and milk yield, perspiration and performance. A mineral deficiency manifests itself in a loss of appetite, weight loss, decrease in milk yield, breeding problem, reduced growth and a decline in natural resistance. Some animals even start licking the walls due to decline of good taste.

The normal ration –compound feed and roughage – fulfills the general needs of the animals, whereas mineralised salt licks fulfill the individual need for salts and minerals. Animal licks these blocks as per its body demand.

Dosage and administration

Free Choice

Packaging and presentation
2 kg lick

Shelf Life
2 Years from date of Manufacture

Cotact detail
Dr.S.Bharathidhasan,MVSc
Star animal Nutrition
Pondicherry
Please contact...

Composition;

Sodium 38%
Magnesium 0.35%
Zinc 10000mg/Kg
Copper 1500mg/ kg
Manganese 7500mg/kg
Iron 3000 mg/kg
Cobalt 30 mg/kg
Iodine 100mg/kg

Note: We can manufacture customized salt lick in your brand name based upon your need ( wt and composition)

ngopa2009

Dear RRS,

Before you get into the activity please pay proper attention to the following details :-(sometimes take for granted)
1)Government survey of your land
2)Proper boundary
3)Licences required for such an activity....Pollution ,Gram Panchayat,Water and air hazard clearance,Local tehsildar office etc
4)Waste water dispossal system
5)Clearance from any dams nearby
6)Solid waste dispossal system
7)Confidence and support of neighbours.

We have had a major disaster because of the above and had to shift 2000 plus animals.Our complete infrastructure is lying abandonned including drainage systes ,80000 sq ft of sheds,bio gas plants,ponds,etc etc etc
Would not want anyone to go through the same.

By the way we breed yorkshire,landrace and duroc.
Best Wihes,
Peter
Dear peter,
kindly get me know your problems in detail if you required i will do as i can to over come . any thing can solve by sharing .
NGK.

peter m

Dear NGK,

Appreciate your concern and offer for help.
Would you be able to tell me as to what are the legal bindings for such an activity(pig farm).
Small time politics at village level has been a concern added by the swine flu scare and propaganda.

Pollution control board is a major head ache and are totally under the influence of politicians.(they are supposed to be the protectors of mother nature:()

Strange enough the pig is the closest link in the chain to eco friendliness by way of conversion of large quantities of kitchen, vegetable and surplus grain waste into one of the most nutritious,tastiest and affordable protein source.

swapank

Hi Suren- we need end to end consultancy for Piggery

Dear Sir,
We can help you in setting up a "Pig farm".I am from bangalore.If you are interested then we can talk about commercials.

Thank you
Suren
Hi Suren,

Please share your email Address / phone No. and We shall conact you for piggery Consultancy.

swapank

Hi
Please share your email Address / phone No. and We shall conact you for piggery Consultancy.

kpkr1971

hi

Hello sir good to see your intrest in pig farmng.we nisarg animal farming pvt ltd.working in the field of pigs farming in all over india we can help you in a commercial farm and we are haveing our own commercial farm in maharastra.we provide animal feed,vet doctor team,insurance of the animal,shade contruction and all consultancy and the marketing of the product.
you can contact please......[please provide the contact number ]

kpkr1971

{lease provide the contact details. I am owning a pig farm in Hyderabad. I need help in marketing.

regards

Praveen

pratik thomas

SUBJECT: Pig Farming Consultants

Dear Sir,

Thank you
Suren

I come from a family of planters in kerala, we have been growing and
producing mainly rubber, and cardamom. We want to expand to growing pigs
for meat. We don't have much experience in this area and was on the look
out for pig farming consultants. We have around 35 acres in the district
of Kottayam in where we are hoping to start a pig farm.

My email id is pratikthomas91@gmail.com / Mobile number 9605876945

Sincerely,
Pratik Thomas.