Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Personal Advise for Agriculture & Dairy Farm Business

Register

Click Here!

arvindanch

Dear All Forum Members.

I need serious Advise from all Experience Members.

I am educated and doing Job in a multinational company and drwaing salary of 15L per annum, in this company i can reach upto maximum level in short period of time.

However, I have decided to leave the Job.

I am going to purchase a 40 Acre Farm (in final stage now). I have decided to do following Activites :

Investment :
1. Borewell - The area is reach by Water. There is no water scarcity.
2. Wind Mill and Solar Power for Irrigartion.
3. Construction for Boundary and Residence for workers.
4. Construction for Own Residence.
5. Construction for Cow – Goshala
6. Purchasing Tractor and All necessary equipments.

Activities
1.Dairy Farming – Minimum 100 Cow
2.Cultivation
• Routine as per seasonal requirement – 50%
• Other (innovational experiments) - 25 %
• For Cow – (20%)
• Vegetable for Own (5%)
3.To become Distributor for the present company & settle Distribution Network in the residing area.

I want serious advise from fellow member that AM I DOING THE RIGHT THING ? can I earn more than am I earning now ?

Pl express your ideas.

you can mail me

Last edited by a moderator:

dhoodhpremi

GO for BOTH!!!!

u can do farming and work in ur company both
BUT U MUST HAVE ONE FAITHFUL TRUSTABLE WORKER to look after ur farm activities-- remember just management of farm activities ---all financial isssues u will have to handle.its little bit of more work lots of stress.

understand some simple things

DAIRY FARMING NEEDS 100% of ur time

where as agriculture doesnt require all ur time

with 100 cows under ideal conditions u can earn more than twice the money u r currently getting

arvindanch

Thanks

Thanks DhoodPremi and AJKumar

I m not counting of Investment of Land, Borewell, Pumpset, Cowshed, and other constrcutions as these are permanant and will got appreciation on their own, increasing Land Value, and can be utilised generation after generation.

The Cost will only be counted in Dairy Farm are :
- Cost of Cow (some of them can be get free of charges, as i know & have relation with many Gaushala handled by Trust)
- Cost of Permanent Labor (They are known to me from years)
- Cost of Feed (Initialy I have to arrange from outside)

I am not taking any Loan, so time will not be wasted of visiting Banks and getting quotation from supplier, awating from Bank for money. Hard Cash will make difference in negotiation with supplier.

The worry is for me is only that Proper arrangement must be done in the shortest time i.e. proper construction and arrangement of Manpower for this.

Thanks a lot.

I will update everything in this thread.

Meanwhile - Your suggestions are welcome. Pl. keep suggest and guide. Please Suggest

Last edited:

SWAMY1807

[FONT=&quot]Investment : [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
1. Borewell - The area is reach by Water. There is no water scarcity.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]You have 30% success here with sufficient water for agriculture. Do remaining 75% work through under mentioned methods if you can.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
2. Wind Mill and Solar Power for Irrigartion.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]No need of this action as of now as it costs you too much investment without its requirement when there is no scarcity for water.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
3. Construction for Boundary and Residence for workers.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]It is essential. You can go with live fence which not only protects, but generates income too.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
4. Construction for Own Residence.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]It is essential and go with eco-friendly materials clay bricks, press mud blocks etc. which are available freely or cheaply near to your location.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
5. Construction for Cow – Goshala. [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Make use of locally available meterials and construct free housing for cattle shed.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
6. Purchasing Tractor and All necessary equipments.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]You can have it with the hhelp of loan if required.

Activities
1.Dairy Farming – Minimum 100 Cow.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Not advisable at initialy, have about 10 numbers, see the results and then expand

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]2.Cultivation.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]It is must and should activity at beginning.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Allocate below mentioned expenditures as per the above requisite activity.
• Routine as per seasonal requirement – 50%
• Other (innovational experiments) - 25 %
• For Cow – (20%)
• Vegetable for Own (5%)
3.To become Distributor for the present company & settle Distribution Network in the residing area.

I want serious advise from fellow member that AM I DOING THE RIGHT THING ? can I earn more than am I earning now ?

Pl express your ideas.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Please go through the informations above and to agriculture carefully and joyfully. [/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]I m not counting of Investment of Land, Borewell, Pumpset, Cowshed, and other constrcutions as these are permanant and will got appreciation on their own, increasing Land Value, and can be utilised generation after generation.

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]The worry is for me is only that Proper arrangement must be done in the shortest time i.e. proper construction and arrangement of Manpower for this.
Here is the crucial point, you can do it or you can hand it over to any professional who can execute these projects.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]All the best,[/FONT]​

[/FONT][/LEFT][/LEFT]

Last edited by a moderator:

agricult

What's your aim??

You want to quit your job and do farming to earn more money?

OR

You want to quit your job and do farming to have control of your time and basically lead a stress free life..( you assume its stress free, its not)..

The possiblity of you thinking to do farming coz you are bored and frustrated with your current job is very high.. Every 2nd MNC executive thinks the same way and finds agriculture as the best option.. Village life, river flowing, orchards, dairy farm.... dreamzzzz

You ahve to decide few things though:-

1. Do you want farming as a lifestyle change or farming as a means to lead a lifestyle without compromising anything on the income..

2. Remember you would get bored of farming just the way you are bored of your job.. Think carefully.. are you seeking farming coz you are bored of your job or that's what you wanted to do always..

3. You have to compromise on the income part.. calculate your expenses and see how much you could do with minimum.. if you think you would end up with 15L+ profit, than iam sorry, you have wrong target and field for yourself

Iam not trying to de-motivate you.. but i can certainly relate to your thought process.. Do keep posting about your progress... Also if you can advise where exactly ( state) have you taken land etc..

kish13

Yes the above reply makes sense

Hi arvid ,

The above post what agrclt has posted makes sense.
Even I am one of them who is very much interested in changing my job and get into Farming or any sought of dairy business.

Would keep following ur threads.

-Kishore

arvindanch

Further Detail

This will be very good CASE STUDY for all ‘MNCs, PSUs, Govt & SemiGovt & Private Sector Employees who are reached in certain SECURED level in their LIFE. and want to 'somthing' different for rest of Life

Thanks Swami1807, agricult, kish13, ajkumar, dhoodpremi for valueable advise. Please give me your mail ID so I will update you my case after reaching at some level in this project, in both the case whether I succeed or fail.

Let me give you further brief detail about myself.

I am Farmer’s son – and still my Parents and Brothers are doing Farming in my native place. (Because I am Farmer, and know how to do ploughing, i opted for Agricuture Field) I am 40 yrs now.

When I started my job, far away from parents, I had nothing in my pocket, and right now I am Owner of Four Residential Properties in Vasai, Thane. (Part of Mumbai) which i brought at very low price, and it become 10 times now. Buying this property at right time is the only 'Turning Point' in my life.

What a common man wants to do in his life ?
(1) Get Employed and earn something
: DONE
(2) Own Music System and Bike
: DONE
(3) Have a CAR
: I have 1-Endeavour & 1-Qualis
(4) Own Residence
: Owning Flat
(5) Bungalow : I have not – but not possible in Mumbai – I will make in my Farmhouse

I have sold Two properties recently and Third property is on sale now which will be completed by Nov-12(Diwali). (still One Property will remain for my own residence in Mumbai)

The reason to quit job is not Stress in the Job, but to live a desired life.. as explained by ‘agricult’ after achievement of all above 4 Factor, If I continue my job, still how many years I will do the job and what I will get – some more money (in return of some more years added in my age)

As Being Manager in MNC having good STATUS in society, so many person from my society expect me to provide any Job. But I cannot help them due to Education & Qualification Matter. Somehow I manage to get them job in some factory known to me…. But what else can I do…

[A] This year before six month, I started a small SSI unit with Partnership at Vasai, and my three young relatives got Employment in this venture. After six month we have reached at break-even point in this venture. Still I have not enrolled myself in this. (When I quit the job, I have further plan to expand this unit) Right now my 10 lacs are invested in this business.

(B) The process of Purchasing Land is going on. Where I am planning to start Dairy Farm Business and Agricultural Activities.

[C] I will shift the Manufacturing activities of SSI which is actually a ‘Gruh Udyog’ Type activitiy and will Kept a Godown in Vasai. So I can increase Production Level and got many people employed in this.

[D] 100 KM from the Land in Gujarat, I will take one shop cum Godown and Become Distributor of My Company, covering all nearby Districts – Here, again I can provide employment to my Own People.

In all sense, I am planning to earn very high, at the same time to provide ‘work’ to unemployed people who had Trust on me.

However One cannot Guarantee profit, unless Hard work. There is no shortcut for Hardwork.

One Precious Suggestion I got from Swami1807 is to hire a consultant for Establishment. I seriously thought for that. Now,

1.) I am planning to take help from my Brother &or Brother In Low, they will be staying at the Land
2.) Hire a consultant for Planning.

Execution part will be from my side with help from my Brother &or Brother In Low but according to consultant.
Till that time I can continue my Job.

Let us see where TIME will lead me ?

Write your suggestions..... this will be guideline... and become 'Direction Sign Milestone'...

Last edited:

farmhous

Good Planning

Keep it up. and Update

Kept everything Planned and take care while doing so many thing running simoultanously.

agricult

Sounds impressive.. I agree there are lot of people who are currently working in an MNC who want to pursue Agriculture.. Every other guy day-dreams about this.. Congrats on pursuing your dream..Do keep posting about your progress..

For your future, You have maintained perfect balance by being an entrepreneur and farmer at the same time.. Way to go.. All the best

raje440

dairy farm setup

Dear Sir,

please can advise on dairy farming is it profitable business

i got my won land and water land around 2 accor

planing to setup with 20 cows then i will increase in future

replay please

regards

raje

simara

[its true mr arvind.the one who has beeen worked in field they can understand about farming .my story is also same i m so keen to start dairy farming in my own lands. i m also son of farmer. i lives overseas.

i admire ur desicion.keep it on

think positevely