Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

papaya cultivation

Register

Click Here!

leedhar

Dear Members
Can anybody guide me on Papaya cultivation, I have about 5 acres of Land, and I want to grow Papaya in that.
Thanking you
Leeladhar

rajneeshbatta

Cn give help on papaya cultivation

hi,

We are professional cultivators of papaya, and provide consultancy for it...every year our team members add almost 25-30 acres on papaya to various customers...you can get in touch with me on my mail . we are located at delhi

Rajneesh

Dear Members
Can anybody guide me on Papaya cultivation, I have about 5 acres of Land, and I want to grow Papaya in that.
Thanking you
Leeladhar

Last edited by a moderator:

narenmg

Papaya

Dear Members
Thanking you
Leeladhar
Agriculture is not a big deal. All you need is patience. do not go to any consutlants. All you need to do is to plant few saplings of different varieties in your farm and check the growth for one harvest. If the harvest is good, take seeds from that plant and multply them in your farm. those seeds would have been adjusted to your climate and will grow well. I have done this for last two years and found one variety best fit for the climate in my farm. in another two months i am expanding it to 4 acres. in the last two years, i have distributed the papaya fruits in my locality at market price. due to the taste and long lasting nature of this fruit, today i have enough customers to buy the papaya if i grow in large scale.

I did go by some consultants advise to grow PKM drumstick and planted 3 acres in my farm. drip irrigated, spent enough money on mauring etc..The yield was so poor. At end of the day, only conusltant and the irrigation consultants made money.
So the bottom line in agriculture is ' Have Patience and never go by what others say, including me'. All the best.

shanmuga06

Hi
Now a days the papaya cultivation is very nice gift to farmers.its shortterm cultivation i.e the period of the cultivation will be maximum two years.Kindly avoid drip irrigation for papaya cultivation to minimize the expentiture.Open irrigation /mass irrigation i.e canal irrigation is sufficient.The application of water to papaya plant will be weekly once or ten days once.Now a days the papaya cultivation affected by mildew bugs i.e white powdered ants.the flowering will be on completion of six months from the plantation.So if anybody wants to apply pestcide upto flowering .After flowering avoid the pest controls it will affect the fruits and its taste.Some time its change the colour also.so many varieties are availiable in papaya as follows

i) co-1-7(TNAU)

ii) Surya

iii) Penn 1

iv) PKM -10 & 11 (TNAU)

v) Vinayak (CG University)

vi) Coorg honey dew (karnataka)

vii) Taiwan Redlady 786 (taiwan Known u variety)

among the above varieties the taiwan redlady 786 papaya is the primary variety now a days.the salient features of the taiwan redlady 786 will be keeping viablity i.e it can be transported to any destination in india with little care in packing,size of fruits will be uniform size ie. minimum 1.5 kgs to three kgs.the taste also very nice .It can be used for bakery purpose like making cut fruits/duty fruity.the yield pattern will be minimum 40 kgs maximum 50 kgs per tree .one acre will requires nearly 1200 seedlings.the spacing dimension will be 6'x6'.

For more details plz contact us;

A Sivakumar
Priya Nursery Garden
KARAIKUDI-630001,TN
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in