Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Ocimum Basilicum

Register

Click Here!

samy_123

Can anyone please tell us about the process of extracting seeds from Ocimum Basilicum and how long the seeds can be stored. Thank you in advance.

anil65

Ocimum Basilca Seeds,

Sir,
What quantity you have of these seeds and and what conversion of the the seeds you want to do.
Pl send me details

Last edited by a moderator:

samy_123

Basilicum

Dear sir,

Thanks for your kind reply. I have cultivated half acre of ocimum basilicum. The company which I was in tie up has not made its boiler ready for oil extraction hence they told told to leave it for seeds. When I asked them about the process of extracting seeds from the tassels, they told me to use traditional methods like cutting the whole plant and leaving it for drying then using a stick banging them until the seeds come off the tasil. I did the same, but I found it to be difficult and risk way of taking it, I also noticed that small sands were also mixing with the seeds, so I wanted to know how to take the seeds from the tassels.

I wanted to know about the ways to extract the seeds and how to store the seeds, is there any processs involved in adding value to the seeds, and uses of seeds. Thanks in advance.