Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Nutrient solution for cocopeat

Register

Click Here!

avinash_gune

Hi,

I would like to know :

How to prepare a simple nutrient solution for use in cocopeat. Is there any readymade solution available?

What is the ratio of mixing organic manure (like vermicompost, neem cake etc) in cocopeat?

Pl let me know.

thanks

Ashwini

Hii
Contact the horticulture dept for details on nutrient solutions to be used in cocopeat.Lot of research is going on.

Regards
Ashwini

arumughams

Hi Avinash,

I am trying out this below formulation in my terrace. It seems to be working fine.
You can also try and share the result. I am little shy to share the formulation.

1) 1 litre rice wash water (better will be 2nd and 3rd wash)
2) 2 tea spoons of sour curd (4 to 6 days old)
3) 1 tea spoon of powdered pulse (urud dal, basan, etc., any pulse/grams)
4) 1 litre of your urine. (better will be collected early morning)
5) Just 2-3 pinch of fertile soil in the gardern (if available)
6) 10 litres of water.

mix every thing vigorously so that it will slightly foam. Leave it of 24-36 hours in
shade (avoid direct sunlight falling on them). If possible just stir vigorously 3-4 times
in between. It will ferment. Add another 10 litres of water to it and use it as nutient
solution. It worked well for chillies. We can try for other plants as well. Right now
I am trying this in Jasmine and Rose. It seems to give positive result. It gives more
and larger flowers.

One good thing in this is that we need not go out and search for things. All are
ready available in your kitchen and toilet and garden. If you don't feel too dirty about
it, you can try and post your result.

Thanks,
Saravanan

avinash_gune

Nutrient solution

Thanx Sarvanan for your reply.

Right now I am using homoeopathic mineral mixture + planning to use Vermiwash or manure tea.Will definately try solution suggested by you ! (except for item no.4, instead wl use cow urine)

wl let you know the results.

thanx once again
Avinash

arumughams

Hi Avinash,

If you are able to get cow urine well and good. Then you can try with diluted cow dung. Please search for Palekar Zero Budget Farming in the net you will get the formulation. Infact my formulation above is just the modification of that. I modified because I had difficulty in searching for cow dung in my urban locality.

Also, If you share that homoepathic mineral mixture, it would be great.

I feel these are wonderful technology in converting solar radiation into
useful products and biomass.

Thanks,
A.Saravanan

sigabyk

A nutrient solution is given here that is about the cocopeat and it is so informative and useful and you may get the good knowledge. By the help of any best essay review you may know about the topic in detail.