Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

New to agriculture...Help needed

Register

Click Here!

tvlsubbu

Hi,

I work in a private compacy in Chennai and was very interested in agriculture. So I bought 3 acres of land near Tirunelveli. Both me and land is new to agruiculture. Land was never ploughed/cultivated before. It is a pure red soil. No well or canal near by. I put a 8-inch bore and got water ay 280 feet and put the bore until 330 feet. Waiting for electricity.

Please advise what to do next and what to cultivate there to get "some" income.

I think I can plant cocnut with enough(dont know how much) space for intercropping koorka/chinese potato and groundnut. Please suggest.

Thanks,
Subbiah

Ashwini

HI

Please get the soil and water analysed before cultivating. BAsed on the results you can select a crop and subsequently the fertilizers to be used.

REgards
Ashwini

prem_jana

Hello,

There are many plants/crops to be selected. Search in Tamil in google, You can see many topics of other persons success stories with their two, three acres and You will get lot of ideas what needs to do next.

First test your soil in nearest agriculture related office, they will assist in selecting the crops for your land.

tvlsubbu

Searching the google-Tamil was really helpful. Now got more ideas, and more confusions. Any way it wasd good only. Thanks.

rame123

Depends on availibility of farm labour and their cost.. b.cause now a days diificult to get labour at reasonable cost.. all the best