Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Needs advice for Organic Farming.

Register

Click Here!

arunmurali

I m planning to start organic farming in Bangalore around 10 acre. Please kindly replay for my below quires.

1) which crop( vegetable & fruits) will be suitable for organic farming?

2) total cost per hectare for setup the land including drip irrigation?

3) initially organic product marketing any difficulties?

4) for successful organic farming any tips?

Thanks
Arun

mail id- arunmuraligh@gmail.com

padmanabhan_ganesan

I m planning to start organic farming in Bangalore around 10 acre. Please kindly replay for my below quires.

[Padmanabhan] - Organic Farming is a method (concept) and not specific to any crops.

[Padmanabhan] - Experts can comment on this.

[Padmanabhan] - If you sell the organic produce at the same market rate, you can easily sell it. Usually, organic produce is sold at a premium and the people are still not understanding the difference between chemical & organic and hence the difficulty.

[Padmanabhan] - From the very beginning, use only Organic Farming and do not introduce chemical. For a detailed information, check my blog related to Soil Improvement which is the basis for Quality & Quantity produce.

Thanks
Arun

mail id- arunmuraligh@gmail.com
See my comments inline.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan
Agriculture for Everybody

shajathali

As well said it is a system. usage of chemical is more in Cauli flower, gabbage, compare to other vegetables also people like this two items more. so go for these two initially. use of chemical is more in Grapes also try it,

calculate per acr it is easy, Drip irrigation for horticulture like tress planatation ( mango etc.,) may be costing around Rs.20,000/. the price varies subject to the intervals of the trees. The cost is more in other crops for vegetables. in tamil nadu state govt giving 75% subsidy

There is a huge demand for organic product, you have to prove yours is organic.

Sellect virgin land because the usage is chemical is zero so the soil is free from chemicals. If you land is isolated it is better because if the neibour land owner uses fertilizer it will affect your organic system.

use underground water instead any canal irrigation it may be polluted - Go for a better certifying agent.
go for some real time training in tamil nadu you can have this in Trichy area with Nammalvar

Regards

shajath ali

We Care Realtors

shajath@gmail.com

alwarn

Dear Sir, appreciate your initiative. Wish you all the best. You have asked questions that will naturally come to mind before starting farming. But once you are involved, these things would come to you naturally. But before reaching that point, the preparatory work will consume most of your time and resource. Kindly follow my blog to check some of the tips.