Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Need suggestions to start-up teakwood plantation.

Register

Click Here!

shyamgrathod

I want to make a teakwood plantation in my farm, but I don't know how to make it..Please suggest me, I have no idea about plantation.

Last edited by a moderator:

editorialteam

Instead of teak plants grow Melia Dubia as it is more profitable. Melia dubia is disease resistant and low maintenance tree. Even though the time between planting and harvesting, the rotation period, for teak is long yet it is profitable. This forest tree is like bank fixed deposit to the farmers. Infact farmers can earn more money in melia dubia plantation than the fixed deposits.

It grows in any soil except alkaline soil. It is dry land tree which requires very little water. Distance between two saplings must be 20 feet. It has to be pruned once in 6 – 12 months. The height of the plant is directly proportional to number of times the plant is pruned (approximately it attains 40 feet height). The leaves are good source of fodder for sheep and goat. The pruned branches are used as firewood. The green and brown litter of the trees makes good mulch for the soil. Tree starts gaining weight from 7-8 years onwards.

Feeding the plant with manure certainly enhances the growth but even without it there is no hindrance. We can give 10:26:26 (NPK). We have to water for the first summer after planting. Irrigation should be done once in 15-30 days. It must be ensured the soil doesn’t get dry and moisture level is maintained. If intercrops are cultivated then no need to irrigate separately. Best part of this tree is that it sells easily. There is no restriction from Government for transporting or selling or cutting melia dubia. We can sell it anywhere. It can even be sold after 7 years when trees weigh 1 ton but after 12 years it becomes 2-3 ton thus better price is attained.

I want to make a teakwood plantation in my farm, but I don't know how to make it..Please suggest me, I have no idea about plantation.
Sir I'm supplying plants like teak plants malia dubia plant nilgiri plant in all india futhur details contact me 9167178969