Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Need information on hydroponics technology

Register

Click Here!

adwaitparab31

Hello guys, i am Adwait from Sindhudurg district in Konkan, Maharashtra. i am considering starting a goat farm of size 100 animals.

I have done some research on fodder requirements and fodder cultivation , and it has come to my notice that nowadays hydroponics method of fodder cultivation is emerging as a new method for fodder cultivation at very low cost.

Some hydroponics projects even have a daily capacity to produce over 1000 kilograms of fodder each day.

i Want information regarding whether this fodder is really beneficial for farm animals as it is made out to be. Also what would be the costs involved in setting up a facility producing around 500 to 1000 kg fodder each day, and whether or not it will be economically feasible to a medium size farmer.

regards,

Adwait Parab

drgandhi

Hi Adwait
It is a good idea to start a goat farm but it all depends on your investment capacity.How much your own funds
you are capable of investing apart from bank loan?
It is possible to raise fodder through hydroponics technique if you do not have sufficient land.In case you have lands avaialble , say min. of 10 acres, then you can go for grass cultivation without much initial investment on hydroponics.
For ll such technical guidance you may get in touch with me ref.INTEGRATED POLYCULTURE FARMING SYSTEM mobile:08792608773._dr g gandhi

Last edited:

nilkanth1954

Green fodder production through hydroponic technology

Dear Adwait,
It is possible to raise the green fodder through hydroponic technology at low cost. For detail setting up facilities you may contact to me on mobile phone: 09421082818: Dr. N.S.Bhosle

vikas_dundoo

Are there any hydroponic live projects around hyderabad or Bangalore? What would be the efficiency of hydroponics be compared to polyhouse practice as far as yield is concerned?
I am looking to setup a hydroponics project but am unable to find data to look for feasibility. Kindly help.
Vikas