Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Need info to Set up Silver Oak and Hebbevu Tree Plantation.

Register

Click Here!

abhicnr

Dear Friends,

I am setting up a Silver oak and Hebbevu(Malai Vembu in Tamil and Konda Veppa in Telugu) tree planation in chikmagalore(karnataka).
Note: Planned area is 10 acres.

What is the recommended distance between two trees?
What all the basic steps i need to take after planting trees? for e.g pesticide, water supply and other information.

Please give me your valuable suggestion.

Regards
Abhishek

venky t

Details about Melia dubia

Dear Sir,

We are providing consultancy on growing Melia dubia. Please contact us.

Regards,

Venkat - 9880560996

plantman

Melia and Silveroak

Dear Sir,

We are providing consultancy on growing Melia dubia. Please contact us.

Regards,

Venkat - 9880560996
Please let me know why do you want to plant Silver oak. Is there a market for its timber ? Have you considered other species and zeroed in on Silver oak or it just on a hunch ?

We are suppliers of malai vembu seedlings

We can supply malai vembu seedlings at rs8/plant.and provide growing tecnics see your in-box for contact information.

dear friends,

i am setting up a silver oak and hebbevu(malai vembu in tamil and konda veppa in telugu) tree planation in chikmagalore(karnataka).

What all the basic steps i need to take after planting trees? For e.g pesticide, water supply and other information.

Regards
abhishek

shanmuga06

Silver oak malaivembu

We are having the melia Dubia seedlings propagated by silviculture method.That is seed germinated seedlings.The standard spacing dimension will be 10'x10,9'x9 & 9'x8.We will give consultancy for melia Dubia

For more details plz.contact us :

A Sivakumar,
Priya Nursery Garden,
Karaikudi-630001,TN
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

venkateurs

Dear Friends,

I am setting up a Silver oak and Hebbevu(Malai Vembu in Tamil and Konda Veppa in Telugu) tree planation in chikmagalore(karnataka).

What all the basic steps i need to take after planting trees? for e.g pesticide, water supply and other information.

Regards
Abhishek

Mr Abhishek,
We have melia dubia saplings in Mysore-karnataka[9880589787].

Regarding the information as you asked, the minimum distance between 2 trees is 10feet by 10feet. At the time of planting go for pit size of 2feet by 2feet. Apply farmyard manure of APPRox 3-5kgs per pit. Add Carbo Furon(ie forate or similar) about 5gms which is a pesticide. provide water of 5lts a day for first three months and 2nd yr onwards 10lts of water would be enough. Though the tree can survive with less water, it can show better results if given proper care. Go for seed germinated saplings which shows good growth than clonal ones. Seed germinated saplings are more tolerent to temp and water condition.

We are from Mysore-karnataka and we have planted melia dubia in our lands where we have done nursery of melia dubia. The seedlings are propogated by seed germination. You can contact us for requirement of melia dubia saplings on my number [9880589787] Nine Eight Eight Zero Five Eight Nine Seven Eight Seven

shanmuga06

Silver oak & melia Dubia seedlings

Mr Abishek,

We are having the melia Dubia seedlings ready to plant at any time.We have propagte & promote by seed germination method for fast growth and better yield.We are able to supply at any destination in India.We provide complete consultancy for melia Dubia cultivation from plantation to harvest.We do periodical physical inspection after plantation.

For more details plz.contact us :

A Sivakumar,
Priya Nursery Garden,
Karaikudi-630001,TN
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

hebbevu

Hi Sir,
I have 20 acre land. It is Rocky land with red soil and planning to arrange drip irrigation to plan Hebbevu/ Melia Dubia. The land is located in Davangere District in Karnataka state. At this location, the rain fall is low and also has to depend on bore water.
1. How much feet do we leave the space between the trees?
2. How many tress can be planted per acre?
3. Can the rocky land suitable to grow this Hebbevu?
4. Any differences in growth between rocky land and normal land?
5. We have to dependant on bore water so how frequently did we supply water?
6. How long water supply required? After 1.5 or 2 years, can it grow without water or does it require for whole life span?
7. Does it get any diseases? If it is then is there any pesticides? How much does it cost per liter?
8. Is there any supplement to improve the tree growth if the growth won't happen as per expected?
9. Do we get subsidy for this plantation and or drip irrigation?
10. Is there different kind of samplings of Hebbevu?
11. How can we find best quality sampling? How much will it cost per sampling? Where can I get best quality samplings near to Davangere district in Karnataka?
12. How much weight in cubic feet can gain in 6 - 7 years ?
13. What was the rate of cost per cubic feet of tree log at 5 years ago and what is the cost now?
14. What will be the demand after 2 years?
What will be the demand after 3 to 7 years?
15. What is an ideal / good time for cutting tree? Is it 6 - 7 years or more? or lessthan 2 to 3 years ?
16. Is there any different rate of cost for the more aged tree along with the weight?
17. What type of permission required from Forest department? Does it mandatory? Is there any fee as per Govt. rule? How do they charge? Is it per acre based or any other way? How much do they collect other actual fee?
18. How much does it cost to clean the land i.e. removing grounded roots, etc., after cutting the tree at the age of 6 - 7 years?
19. Is there any damage or difference in soil after cutting the tree at the age of 6 - 7 years? Does it suitable for any another crop after 7 years? or before 3 years ?
20. Where can I get marketing? Can you please give me contact details of timber depots who are buying these near by Davangere in Karnataka?
21. Can any one offering buy out / buy back option? If they do, how much do they offer?

Thanking you,

Regards,
Santhosh
Msipl
Assistant Manager
Davangere-05
Mob NO: 990082954

Last edited:

drbasu78

I have a dought that melia Dubia fetch good and more profit like... 8000 per tree and some sayes 15000 per tree after 7 to 15 year respectively .....last week i contacted one ply wood industries they stayed current market price is 300-350 per CUfeet so it will be aproximatly 4000 to 4500 per tree at current price .....cutting and transportation cast Rs 60-70 per CUFEET

so i wont thing so it will give a good return ......if i am wrong happy to take advise...... as i have 5 acer of land ..difficult to maintain so wanto have agriforestry but not getting good reliable research report

sanganna

Hi Santhosh,

You posted good questions, i tried to contact you but one digit is missing in your mobile number, can you provide your contact number.

Sangamsh