Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Need help in registering dairy farm

Register

Click Here!

joshis

Dear Friends,
Iam setting up a dairy farm in Bangalore in a leased agricultural land.Iam a s/w engineer and literally don't have any knowledge on this, except huge interest and ability to face any upcoming obstacles while learning on this field!!! I wanted to know the procedure to register the dairy farming. Also it would be great help if experts here can answer few doubts i have:

1) 1.5 acres of agricultural land is leased for the business purpose.Planning to sell the milk hence will be a commercial business. Can I make use of agricultural land ( not converted) for this purpose?
2) Land already has bore-well with free govt electricity connections. What kind of new electric connection should i get ?
3) What all licenses do i need to setup dairy farm?
4) Which is Best place to buy cows or anyone in this forum provide service on this? I need at least 20 cows , with min of 15litres/cow.

Thank you ,
-Sachin

galaxyfarms

Dear Sachin,
1. You can use the agricultural land for the dairy farm.
2. You cannot use the free electricity. You need to separetly apply for commercial electricity connection.
3. Upto 10000 litres/per day , Its enough if you register with your local food safety department. Above that you need to get FSSAI license.
4. In tamilnadu, you can get cows in upidamangalam, karur district. But its better to source the cows near your place itself.

Regards
Ravi

ayush1ravi

Hi Sachin,

Nice to know your interest in setting up dairy farm near Bangalore. Pl contact below for complete details about dairy farming like animal housing setup, live stock (cows), fodder planning, feed concentrates and suppliments etc...

Thanks & Regards,

RAVISHANKAR.M
AGRO FEED SOLUTIONS, BLR
+919880741434.

shajathali

Hi

Take care before setting up a dairy unit because it is not playing with crops but playing with live animals. (ability to face any upcoming obstacles while learning on this field!!! )

You require one acr of land for 5 cows to feed, are you planning to buy green fodder from outside ifso you will lose the maximum profit towards this.

You can get quality HF from Hosur area call me i will give some phone number visit the cows

regrds
shajah

shajath@gmail.com