Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Need guidance to start-up tamarind farm

Register

Click Here!

kannzs

hai guys i am going to plant tamarind farm for 3 acres plz give me details about plant method ,space,water and fertilizer etc ...Is there any spl brand to cultivate give ur feedback

oursuccess

hai guys i am going to plant tamarind farm for 3 acres plz give me details about plant method ,space,water and fertilizer etc ...Is there any spl brand to cultivate give ur feedback

WE CAN GIVE YOU TAMARIND SEEDS
SEND US YOUR CONTACT DETAILS BY MAIL TO
oursuccessagroneeds@gmail.com

alchemistjk

Dear @kannzs
We can provide you complete DPR for your project.It will contain all the details which you want for your project.
Feel free to contact us:

EcolAgro Venture Pvt.Ltd
Consultant & Advisory
Mail Id: ecolagroventure@gmail.com
Cell: 07544012577, 9260995976
Landline: 0522-2347200

srini_ch

Hi,

If you still have space for some more plants you can try Anantha Rudhira tamarind variety which was released recently. It has peculiar color of red inside which would be useful for making jelly's, chocolates and other value added products. It is made available at Dr.YSR horticulture university, Ananthapuram, Andhra Pradesh. You can expect the first harvest from 4th year itself and they say yield is 40 to 50 kg in the starting stage and as tree ages it will yield more. So, give a try by strictly adopting organic/natural farming and you can get good price for natural/organic products as people are more aware of such products now a days. good luck.

Attachments

maitys

Tamarind has been traditionally regarded as a backyard tree that would grow on its own and yield some fruits for home use. It is not so any more, and tamarind is as much a commercial crop as any other fruit tree.

Tamarind is in transition, from a useful tree to a profitable crop.
There are two types of Tamarind – Sour and Sweet .
PKM1 , Prathisthan, Urigam , DTS -1 ,Yogeswari , Cumbum etc. are sour tamarind and sweet tamarind is from Thailand .
CIAH & ICAR have released a new tamarind variety “ Goma Prateek “
It’s semi dwarf tree having 4-5 mt height , dense foliage ,dropping branches and starts flowering in the forth year . The fruit is slightly curved in shape and about 16.7 cm pod length , and pulp is reddish . It’s suitable for high density planting under rain fed or hot semi arid zones

The fruit yield is approx. 58-80 kgs per plant in rain fed condition and in irrigated condition .

The sweet tamarind is from Thailand . Its pulp is sweet and slightly tart . The fruits of sweet tamarind are smaller in size, requiring more than 70 fruits per kg . The pulp of sweet tamarind can be used to make juice or dried fruit. A tamarind with red pulp, the fruits of which are preferred as a fresh fruit .