Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Need guidance to start a Gerbera Flower Farm at Alappuzha,Kerala

Register

Click Here!

Hai,

I would like to start a Gerbera Flower Farm . Anybody can advise me regarding the farming methods of gerbera flowers. I would like to start farm at Alappuzha, Kerala.
I want to know , From where will I get the Gerbara flower seeds and whether I will get any subsidy for this farming.
I am waiting for a positive advise.

Thanks
Kunjunjamma George,
Alappuzha,Kerala,India.
Mobile:+91-8943129574

maitys

Hai,

I would like to start a Gerbera Flower Farm . Anybody can advise me regarding the farming methods of gerbera flowers. I would like to start farm at Alappuzha, Kerala.
I want to know , From where will I get the Gerbara flower seeds and whether I will get any subsidy for this farming.
I am waiting for a positive advise.

Thanks
Kunjunjamma George,
Alappuzha,Kerala,India.
Mobile:+91-8943129574
If you have a ready Greenhouse and Skilled manpower and Finance , Gerbera can be cultivated in soil or soilless media ( cocopeat ) .Both the cultivation methodology having it's own advantage and disadvantage .

In India agro entrepreneurs mostly prefer soil media ( pH 5.5-6.5 and soil salinity should not exceed 1 ms/cm ) for Gerbera cultivation .
Red lateritic soil is ideal soil for Gerbera cultivation

Gerbera cultivation cost increase in soilless media is around 20-30%.
Production is higher in soilless media compare to soil media.
Required very close monitoring.

Hydrabad, Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad ,Kolkata, Pune, Bangloreare the major markets and Gerbera flower demand is high in the marriage season mostly in January, February, May, August, November & December.

Due to high cost of investment in Polyhouses , Govt. of India has introduced an incentive scheme of subsidy ( low cost - 500 sq mt / subsidy 50% , Medium cost - 500 sq mt / subsidy 40 % ) for the construction of Polyhouse.

You can also check updated subsidy related information on NHB ( National Horticulture Board ) and NHM ( national Horticulture Mission ) web portals .