Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Need guidance on sandalwood plantation

Register

Click Here!

dadagouda

Hi,I Need information on sandalwood plantation, Please help me with details.I have a plan to cultivate up 3 acres.All reliable information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance .

Last edited by a moderator:

greenlandfns

Hi,I Need information on sandalwood plantation, Please help me with details.I have a plan to cultivate up 3 acres.All reliable information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance .
If you intend to cultivate any of the two trees normally referred as Sandal/Sandal Wood (Commonly referred Sandalwood/Chandanam: White Sandalwood: Santalum album and Red Sandalwood/Red Sanders/Raktha Chandanam: Pterocarpus santalinus), there are legal issues to be understood about these trees, regarding cultivation and sale. And then, there are cultivation issues as these are forest trees and they need a kind of forest atmosphere for proper growth. And further, please understand that Santalum album is a root parasite and require other host trees around for its proper growth, and there are certain trees that can help it grow faster too. So, a plantation of Santalum album should also take into account cost for planting these host trees. Please see our other posts about this topic in this site: Search for posts by: Well-Known Member: greenlandfns.
For any further details and guidance and supply of saplings, please mail us your land details along with your contact details to E: greenlandfns@gmail.com

shanmuga06

THe black cotton soil is not suitable for sandalwood cultivation.

A Sivakumar,

evpdvd

Sir, My soil is rich in iron & manganese as my farm is located in mining area , as of now mining is closed, we have Areca nut and banana plantation around our farm, can we have a sandal wood plantation. Thank You.

shanmuga06

WHERE EVER NEEM TREE IS GROWING WELL THERE THE SANDALWOOD TREE WILL GROW WELL subject to the black cotton soil,black soil{ and where ever the water stagnation will be there} are not suitable for sandalwood cultivation.Some planters will recommend the black soil kindly think it over .

A Sivakumar,

gounder28

My land is black(laterite) soil.i wan t to cultivate while sandal .Please give full information
Naidu 789 - Generally Sandal Wood tree needs redsoil for good growth and needs good water source for the first year till get rooted. For Black soil you might need Panchakavyam and Jeevamirtham (organic farming) to their growth. You need to register to local Village administration officer, local police station and near by forest office. You can get free sapling from Govt Agriculture Universities or Local Forest offices.
Please let me know of any questions

garao56

Please take up Taiwann gua or any other fruit crops and in between take up sandal wood. Please contact us for project report

hussaiahm

All kinds of plants and seeds available here in Greenland Nursery ( Assam ). Contact 6000288754

Last edited:

empero

Thanks in advance .

Thanks in advance
Sandalwood (white) plantation project details is ready to provide you and also sandalwood oil
can be extracted.Sandalwood oil plant machine cost Rs.15 lacs. Please contact.

garao56

Sandal wood oil production on small scale may not be economical , sufficient raw material availability is uncertain . Hence , whatever produce is available is better to market with Mysore Sandal Soap company (Established long back )

shreenureddy

Hi Everybody, I have a Red Sandalwood Plantation. The trees are 3 yrs old. Some of the trees have severe termite problem. Pls let me know how to control them. Thank you.

bhupen

Thanks in advance .
Send me your plantation address.