Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Need guidance for teak wood farming

Register

Click Here!

sjayakanthan

Dear Harjeet Singh
I really impressed with your explanation on many threads.
I have form land of 2 Acres and it was planted with coconut tree by father and now it is 50 years old and currently it is yielding but the it can further yield for 10 more years.
I am planning to plant Teak wood between coconut tree . The space between coconut tree is 25 ft and I can plant around 500 teak wood in 2 Acres. My coconut life will be another 10 years maximum and by the time teak wood tree also start growing. Water position is not good. water is based on rain and depends on bore . currently I am getting water from bore well for 2 hours in a day with 1" pipe line. I have installed Drip irrigation system.
With this background, I need to following explanation
1. If I plant teak tree with coconut tree, whether it will affect yield of coconut tree
2. my father telling me that, teak wood roots will go deeper and sucks waters and it will spoil ground water level and spoil land so that I can't use land for five years after cutting teak wood.
3. do I need license to plan and cut tree
4. how to sell this trees, how can I get market and buyer

please help.

mayuka

Harjeet Singh Ji I am also Teak Farmer From Maharashtra. I have planted Sagwan on 2 Acre of land 3 years before.
Also, I have read one post about Sagwan Plantation In Hindi Langauge.
I think Sagwan not harmful to the Indian region. As its not imported plant, it's available naturally in Indian Forests.
Don't worry about groundwater consumption because of any plants you will plant need water to grow.
One teak tree will beneficial for creating a healthy environment for essential rainfall. Also, think you have planted more than 1000 plants.
You definitely need permission to cut teakwood plants from the forest department.
Also, you can get so many buyers easily.

Last edited:

vpchander

Cal
Dear Harjeet Singh
I really impressed with your explanation on many threads.
I have form land of 2 Acres and it was planted with coconut tree by father and now it is 50 years old and currently it is yielding but the it can further yield for 10 more years.
I am planning to plant Teak wood between coconut tree . The space between coconut tree is 25 ft and I can plant around 500 teak wood in 2 Acres. My coconut life will be another 10 years maximum and by the time teak wood tree also start growing. Water position is not good. water is based on rain and depends on bore . currently I am getting water from bore well for 2 hours in a day with 1" pipe line. I have installed Drip irrigation system.
With this background, I need to following explanation
1. If I plant teak tree with coconut tree, whether it will affect yield of coconut tree
2. my father telling me that, teak wood roots will go deeper and sucks waters and it will spoil ground water level and spoil land so that I can't use land for five years after cutting teak wood.
3. do I need license to plan and cut tree
4. how to sell this trees, how can I get market and buyer

please help.
Call me 7075371886

garao56

Teak may yield time between 3o to 40 Years . It is better to take Mangium ( Australian teak) which can be cut at the end of 15th year.

Please contact us for project report

G.Ananda rao B.Sc(Ag)
Agri Finance consultant,
Vijaya Agro Consultants
Mobile: 9703128495
Vijayawada , AP

Mail: garao56HYPERLINK "mailto:garao56@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator: